3dr solo controller issue! Fly button won't turn motors!

I also read something about flashing the SD cards in controller and solo. Does that help? If yes, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks for looking at this. 1.bin was the last flight. I did do the calibration on compass and level after firmware upgrade but no luck. How do I calibrate the IMU? After last flight, solo won't even connect to tablet but it shows connected to controller.
Did you lay the Solo on its 6 different sides and hit OK when prompted on each side?

To be exact, this whole mess started with me changing the Serial2_protocol to 1 and uploading to solo through tower app. Then the solo won't connect to controller and I read the thread here about firmware issue. So I installed 1.5.1 first and then 1.5.3 but nothing seems to be working fine after that.
Have you thought about doing a factory reset and starting over?

Did you lay the Solo on its 6 different sides and hit OK when prompted on each side?
Yes, I did that calibration. Now I am about to reset everything, update solo and controller through the app and give it another try with firmware solo 2.4.2 and autpilot 1.3.1. If the same problem persists, is there a hardware problem somewhere?

Reactions: XevetS
Yes, I did that calibration. Now I am about to reset everything, update solo and controller through the app and give it another try with firmware solo 2.4.2 and autpilot 1.3.1. If the same problem persists, is there a hardware problem somewhere?
Probably a good plan. Start over. Your problems seemed to start after updating things.

However, You Compass calibration was horrible. Make sure you calibrate it in a wide open place with no metal on yourself or electronics. Out with nature and no man made structures around.

Alright guys, thanks for all the help on this issue. I was able to resolve it this morning. Apparently, when I did the tear down to connect to Pixhawk via usb, the two pin connector (SDL and SDA) from the battery compartment to main board was not plugged in correctly when I put it back together. Since, Solo acted goofy again after reset and update, I was little sure that it is hardware and something internal. Thanks again for all the help. Now back to first task, getting telemetry data to flir vue pro using accessory board.

Alright guys, thanks for all the help on this issue. I was able to resolve it this morning. Apparently, when I did the tear down to connect to Pixhawk via usb, the two pin connector (SDL and SDA) from the battery compartment to main board was not plugged in correctly when I put it back together. Since, Solo acted goofy again after reset and update, I was little sure that it is hardware and something internal. Thanks again for all the help. Now back to first task, getting telemetry data to flir vue pro using accessory board.
That's pretty weird it should of emitted a loud beep with this connector unplugged? Anyway glad you got it sorted out...

Yes, when I was trying to get telemetry data to Flir camera, I changed the SERIAL2 parameter and apparently as per the thread mentioned above, it somehow resets the SYSID_SW_MREV to 120 and changes the frame type, which is why solo is spinning around itself at take off. So one has to manually change the SYSID_SW_MREV to 0 even after reset and update.

Yes, when I was trying to get telemetry data to Flir camera, I changed the SERIAL2 parameter and apparently as per the thread mentioned above, it somehow resets the SYSID_SW_MREV to 120 and changes the frame type, which is why solo is spinning around itself at take off. So one has to manually change the SYSID_SW_MREV to 0 even after reset and update.
If you look at the SYSID_SW_MREV right now in mission planner its at 120 not 0 go ahead and check it out, that was not your issue when you reset the params by setting it back to 0 you corrected some other incorrect parameter. You have to be careful with the parameter changes, I know from past screw-ups myself

The problem you had was a parameter file issue, frame type and no telem is the usual symptom, it also effects the compass which could result in a yaw issue, ask me how I know?

Last edited:
You are exactly right. The SYSID_SW_MREV parameter is back to 120. There were some other incorrect parameters that gets reset back to original values when SYSID_SW_MREV is changed to 0.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44