3DR Solo Backpack question

Reaction score
Hi!
I had a question about the storage within a 3DR Solo Backpack.

I am planning to buy a backpack package during the Christmas sale.

Will it fit the extra battery, extra battery and the gimbal ?
Also, can I fit a Gopro thats inside default mount and a small point and shoot camera inside the backpack ?

It'll hold four extra batteries, Solo with gimbal and GoPro attached, and various other odds and ends - there should be plenty of room for a small camera.

I went without one for a while. Just get it, they're very well made and comfortable.

Reactions: acs306
comfortable they are not
and it's bulky

don't get me wrong it's super secure for the solo and fits a lot of things..P&S no problem I could stick a full-frame camera and 2 full-frame primes.

for $50 you can't go wrong...just be warned if you're planning to travel/hike with it you might want another bag.

I just got back from a trip to find out it is overhead luggage compatible

Quantas (7x7)

I found that the xray guys have no idea on batteries, and were happy for me to pass. I only took 2

Quantas (7x7)

I found that the xray guys have no idea on batteries, and were happy for me to pass. I only took 2

no idea on batteries hey... gee thats a potential recipe for disaster for the qantas brand... o_O

still, I am glad to hear that the bag fitted in the overheads. it would be probably fair to assume that all the major jet carriers that use a B737 would have similar sized lockers you reckon?

Yes, 3DR backpack was sized to fit into the overheads, good news. I travel with 5 batteries in the backpack. Just make sure if you have a battery in the SOLO that you use the little foam divider so the battery will not activate the SOLO. I have set something on the backpack before and had this happen. Luckily I caught it before the battery got too hot.

Yeah the backpack is bulky but very safe. I check it all the time on international flights, just carry my 5 batteries as hand luggage and never had any problems

Lowepro 400 allowed on Frontier as carry on not sure about any other airlines batteries in second carry on shoulder bag fairly comfortable. down.jpg

I have the ThinkTank backpack 'made for solo'. Holds 5 batteries, solo with gimbal and GoPro, controller, rain cover (included with bag), I have about 6 prop boxes in there along with two battery chargers and the controller charger. I still have room for a sun hood, DSLR body, a zoom lense, at least 6 primes, and still there's space on the zip door/opening for a laptop (up to 17") plus another pocket. On the inside of the zip door/opening there are three pockets for stuff, I keep the: nd and polarizer filters, the polar pro led light set, screwdriver, memory card reader, more props, lens cloth, Dead Weight gimbal balancer and I'm sure items I'm forgetting.

Great bag! Straps and padding are somewhat better than the stock 3DR bag. Comes with nice little rubber caps for the prop threads on the motors too.

Not sure the price right now; but b&h has been having them on revolving sale last few months $99 or $49.

Check it out!

Oh and it's designed to fit in the overhead baggage compartment/ carry on spec.

It isn't a solid foam cut out though. The walls of the bag are stiff and firm, the inner dividers are quite good at keeping everything in its place.

I normally carry on my Solo when I fly but I once had to check it and it survived no issue in the backpack. I def would want it if I ever had to check, or ship solo, as everything is really secure inside. It's no Mavic, so it is bulky but I don't find it bad at all for short hikes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44