3DR response to DJI's «Smart Shots»

Reaction score
3DR wants you to know how easy and 'solo' it is with a 'solo'

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Those are all the reasons i bought it.

Yup, it's the reason I ordered one... can't wait to get it!

Would love if you could set the A and B points in reverse order in cable cam. That way, you'd be ready to take the shot right after setting the two points, as opposed to setting A, flying to B, setting B, having it fly back to A and then executing the actual shot, flying to B.

And of course, being able to set an in between point (or several) and having it fly the path along a nice smooth spline would be nice. Hopefully something like this will come in a future update.

I will chime in here. Smart shots was #1 reason. Being in the USA was also big for me with the "promise" of good customer service

Reactions: Ian [P13]

Would love if you could set the A and B points in reverse order in cable cam. That way, you'd be ready to take the shot right after setting the two points, as opposed to setting A, flying to B, setting B, having it fly back to A and then executing the actual shot, flying to B.

And of course, being able to set an in between point (or several) and having it fly the path along a nice smooth spline would be nice. Hopefully something like this will come in a future update.
That is the way it works. When you hit A then fly to your end point and hit B, you can then start the shot from there. The 2 arrows allow you to fly to either point. Or what I will usually do is fly it manually with the right stick after hitting B. But it allows you to do it either way.

You can program multiple waypoints using the Tower app (Android). There's also much more you can do using Tower.

That is the way it works. When you hit A then fly to your end point and hit B, you can then start the shot from there. The 2 arrows allow you to fly to either point.

Cool, thanks for the info. One thing scratched off my list!

You can program multiple waypoints using the Tower app (Android). There's also much more you can do using Tower.

That seems a bit less interactive though. Does Tower provide a live preview from the camera? I'm saying it'd be nice if cable cam could drop a point or two along the path, but otherwise work as is.

And something I've been wondering... does Tower require an advanced flight mode that would exclude 3DR's replacement policy?

look for points on a cable in app at some point, these are the out of the box smart shots, they are just getting warmed up. You can do a lot of stuff with two computers talking with each other

Tower is another method of creating great shots. You can run Tower and the Solo App at the same time on your device. But Tower doesn't let you have a live view from your camera. It's a "mission" planning application.

And no, I've heard that using Tower does NOT void your warranty, as long as you haven't changed any of the settings that caused the crash (if you have one) Tower doesn't require any "advanced" modes.

And yes, I heard that the Solo "Smart Shots" will get additional features, including multiple waypoints.

@User Name & @LarryF ; Yes, Tower now has live view from the GoPro. Tower use with Solo is approved and encouraged by 3DR with the stipulation that if YOU change a parameter that is the cause of a crash, it will not be covered. But you can use all of Tower's features without changing a single parameter. It's an incredible app with a great deal of power and features.

Reactions: RichWest

Why not just set the points in reverse? Fly to your End position (final frame) hit A. Fly to your start position (first frame) hit B. Then fly from B to A but its really in the order you want

Why not just set the points in reverse? Fly to your End position (final frame) hit A. Fly to your start position (first frame) hit B. Then fly from B to A but its really in the order you want
Either way would work fine, but reversing a video in most programs is a simple check box. So fly which ever is most convenient then take care of it in post.

Either way would work fine, but reversing a video in most programs is a simple check box. So fly which ever is most convenient then take care of it in post.

As long as you don't have things with forward motion like cars, people or water.
;)

As long as you don't have things with forward motion like cars, people or water.
;)
Exactly. But for the ones that are concerned about it, set up you 2 points and fly back and forth on the cable all you want and experiment with the gimbal movements manually. It's not an either or. Fly both direction several times if you want.

You can set the A and B points in whichever order you want. It will fly back and forth between those two points and those 2 orientations. You do NOT have to fly back to A to start the autonomous flight.

Yea I just always did it in reverse to what I wanted. Was no issue and only messed it up the first couple times. Not a big deal unless you are doing some really long ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado