3DR Announces Android App v2.4 out in "few weeks"

Yes , yes, and yes to all of that....my question was about solo app 2.4...thnx.

I guess you meant 2.4 by "current" ?

3DR Services v 1.6.0 is rolling out now, just had it update on 2 of my tablets. Dated July 24, 2016
MyApps on Google Play is not showing it on my desktop though. Still says 1.5.3

Both , the 3DR Services v 1.6.0 and the Solo v 2.4.0 , beta version are up in the Play Store .

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

You need to join as a tester and understand you are flying unreleased software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suspect pretty soon. The betas seem to be doing pretty well now. Few more things to iron out.

...... still on 2.4.0-2 where did you find a modification .... only one beta version until now.

Am I in error?

Hope weather is good today Saturday and tomorrow Sunday.
My plan is this :

1. Fly Solo on Android 2.3 Apps -- Solo already 2.4
2. Fly Solo on iOS 2.4 Apps -- Solo already 2.4 anyway
3. Fly Solo on Android Beta latest .6 something and must upgrade Solo to be the same latest, I saw the icon for upgrading of Solo, but me dare not test yet.

...Also this is the app, even though the stated version on the page is wrong: Solo Beta - Android Apps on Google Play
I see that link has a photo of a boat - does that mean the new version has BOAT MODE?????
cdl6.jpg

Well, this is interesting... Play Store just pushed an update of 3DR Services to my tablet. The tablet already had 1.6.0 beta-2 on it, but the pushed update was 1.5.3 (Beta), date 8/12/16 (today). Had tablet set to require my approval for update, so I did.

There was a banner in Play Store, 3DR Services that said "! You're a beta tester for this app. Awesome!" I did sign up for beta tester last week so that I could hopefully see what's going on with updates. I have no idea if this is the same 1.5.3 as the former 1.5.3 as 3DR makes this pretty confusing...

now says:
WHAT'S NEW
Version 1.5.3

# Bug Fixes:
- Fix bug in follow when switching follow modes
- Fix connection bug on nexus devices
- Miscellaneous bug fixes

May have said this before - don't remember.

Hope weather is good today Saturday and tomorrow Sunday.
My plan is this :

1. Fly Solo on Android 2.3 Apps -- Solo already 2.4
2. Fly Solo on iOS 2.4 Apps -- Solo already 2.4 anyway
3. Fly Solo on Android Beta latest .6 something and must upgrade Solo to be the same latest, I saw the icon for upgrading of Solo, but me dare not test yet.

Done all above. No issue.
I do not do any smart moves. I was more into manual flying and gps based.
I notice the barometer kinda mild jumpy a bit in MANUAL mode. I am seeing like occasional 20cm height drop at 2 meter hoover.
I finally play with MEDIUM speed and all the way to RABBIT.
I love MEDIUM speed, fast enough to go from point A to B and not too violent for movie shots.

First 2 flights I had the video feed issue. Green screen thingy.
I pushed the Solo to a distance where I am seeing radio at -71db ....LOL. Need to check my log, but I think I went to 1,500 meters away.
I am using the FLRV antena.

I did like 6 flights or so.. overall I am happy :)

End of Report.

just coming up on 2 months now since Vu made the announcement on Android's 2.4 ETA

then there's iOS users on 2.4 that wants to downgrade.

quite comical

Any insight as to when we will get a 2.4 released to Android? I know a few Betas have come out recently, so hopefully soon?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44