3DR Announces Android App v2.4 out in "few weeks"

No it is for Android, and it is actually a big downgrade
but the two recent issues that caused solos to fly out of control are addressed
If you have not done it, get on Android 2.4.1 as fast as you can

wow that is going to tick some people off, I bet a lot of those IOS features will no longer work

the update changes solos autopilot firmware to a more stable version, it shouldn't affect smart shots

I thought there had to be firmware updates to make some of the new features work, like geofence

form what i can understand both are updating the autopilot to 1.3.1 which will fix the EKF error/fly away. this is not THE 2.4 release for android

yes the beta on android, already made the move to the firmware they released today, as well as downgraded to 1.3.1
and it does bring back the stability

well its not the feature packed one no, but it is a production release 2.4.1 for both android and IOS so that people are downgraded properly

well its not the feature packed one no, but it is a production release 2.4.1 for both android and IOS so that people are downgraded properly
thats right hopefully the full release will be soon

form what i can understand both are updating the autopilot to 1.3.1 which will fix the EKF error/fly away. this is not THE 2.4 release for android
yes the beta on android, already made the move to the firmware they released today, as well as downgraded to 1.3.1
and it does bring back the stability
Yes, have had 1.3.1 since installing one of the many betas, and 2.4.1-6 since installing those same beta(s). Don't ask which beta version(s) as the version numbers have been like a roller coaster.

I updated my Samsung Tab S with the beta version 2.4.0-5 without install problem.
Controller and Solo received also a update 2.4.1-6.
Then I made a flight where I tested the Pano spherique (11 pictures) and pano video: impec, nothing to say, work perfect.
Landing with the RTH botton: impec.

Enjoy!

I updated my Samsung Tab S with the beta version 2.4.0-5 without install problem.
Controller and Solo received also a update 2.4.1-6.
Then I made a flight where I tested the Pano spherique (11 pictures) and pano video: impec, nothing to say, work perfect.
Landing with the RTH botton: impec.

Enjoy!
Can you try a Selfie and then right afterwards a Pano or Zipline and tell us if that works?
Also try a return to me and test if it flies in your direction.
Those 2 things were broken when I tested it in beta.

if you test return to me, make sure it is close in so you can intervene if needed
two of us have experienced when you do home with return to me, solo takes off at high speed in a random direction
confirmed
I have set mine back to return to launch until next version
if that happened out at the edge and was triggered by loss of controller you would be screwed

...two of us have experienced when you do home with return to me, solo takes off at high speed in a random direction

if that happened out at the edge and was triggered by loss of controller you would be screwed
Even more-so around here as water is never that far away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44