Yet another Solo crash... but was it worth it?

I'm going to buy a Mavic Pro, AND I'm going to get my Solo up and flying again. They each have their own best uses, I think flying and "messing around" I'll be happier flying the Mavic (and maybe not crashing?). But I do like multi-point cable cam quite a bit... so the Solo is going to stick around.

Thanks! I few dumb@$$es have tried telling me that the car sounds bad (in the video), but I get compliments and smiles everywhere I take it. The Solo actually did pretty well after this crash. I have clamped and superglued the minor cracks closed on the body, bought a new set of props (on the way here today) and it looks like the only big damage was the gimbal. It was shoved pretty hard into the intervals of the vehicle, and broke the power connector off of it's board. I have a local electronics guy taking a crack at soldering the connector back on to see if I can get all parts back to life. Otherwise, I'll be in the market for a cheap gimbal.
Yeah.micro soldering that pos HDMI back onto the board is an exercise in futility. I'm just glad that the gimbals have dropped in price to around 50 bucks. I'd be mega pissed if I had to pay 20 a piece. I've been thru about 5 of them. When they work, they're awesome. Do yourself a flavor and score the ribbon connector.It's worth it, imo.

I'm going to buy a Mavic Pro, AND I'm going to get my Solo up and flying again. They each have their own best uses, I think flying and "messing around" I'll be happier flying the Mavic (and maybe not crashing?). But I do like multi-point cable cam quite a bit... so the Solo is going to stick around.
Interesting you say that. I also was considering the Mavic. However I'm leaning toward the Autel. I like the color and Something just draws me back to it. In fact, before the great deals ( I can see why now.lol) on the solo, I was all set to score the Autel. X-Star Premium | Autel Robotics

If you wait a little while you might score a GoPro Karma for a similar fire-sale price that the Solos went for just before Christmas. Heaven knows I don't need another drone but I'll probably get one if it drops to the $300 range.

I was thinking about the karma, too. If nothing else, when it craps out I'll at least have that gimbal stick thing....providing I don't lose the thing in the ocean or some other place.
I've had so any solo's that I can tear them down with my eyes closed. Interesting tidbit and fun fact: If you've ever wondered how many blows from a 5lb sledge the solo can withstand, the answer is (depending on variables such as arc of swing, anger level, focus)..........2, assuming the first blow is a glancing one.

Sounds like you are a BIG Solo fan!
When I need to retire one of my Solo airframes I'm thinking about carrying to the top of the tallest tree (with another copter of course) and leaving it there as a sacrifice to the Drone Gods. If nothing else it will scare the other drones away and hopefully save one of mine.

Sounds like you are a BIG Solo fan!
When I need to retire one of my Solo airframes I'm thinking about carrying to the top of the tallest tree (with another copter of course) and leaving it there as a sacrifice to the Drone Gods. If nothing else it will scare the other drones away and hopefully save one of mine.
That sounds decent. When I was in the Army, I trapped a live fly, tied a string around it's leg and tied it outside my door. I also killed another fly and tied a noose around it's head and hung it outside my door as well......to scare off the other flies. Didn't work very well, but we'd just smoked some killer bud, so it was a fun adventure..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc