Which Solo channel that control Gimbal's Pan movements

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone knows which channel control the Gimbal's Pan movements? Thanks in advance...

T

Edit: whoops I though you meant tilt, channel 6 controls tilt I'm pretty sure there is no pan control other than the absolute auto positioning and by smart shots where as the left stick controls pan...
What he said [emoji651] [emoji6]

There isn't pan control of the gimbal, only tilt. Panning is achieved by yawing the vehicle.

NP, thx. I'm aware of ch6 tilt functionality. However, one of my solos, the pan (yaw) position is off center causing the yaw motor to hum. If I know what channel for the yaw motor is, I can connect to the solo via Mission Planner and correct the yaw position (hipefully).

You will not be able to do this with mission planner these are angle limits that are hard coded within the 3DR gimbal code. Maybe if you tweak the gimbal arm though...Did you crash this Gimbal?

No, the gimbal is not in a crash. Just defected out of the box. Anyway, I am not sure what you meant by tweaking the gimbal arm.

When I applied a small amount of pressure to get the yaw axis lined up with the front headings of solo, the humming goes away. I believed the gimbal is over yawed the center position, which is causing the humming.

T

like I stated you can not correct this with mission planner..It is defective and you cannot overide the gimbal code, there are several post on this issue one of them explains how to tweak the arm for yaw but a humming is either something binding or over torquing..also make sure neither of the cables are binding up against the gimbal by removing the battery tray and peering down from the top of the gimbal bay..

Last edited:
I have checked and double checked and had the gimbal removed for a close inspection. Nothing is causing the yaw motor to bind. The yaw motor and assembly is free of binding to any wires or objects, and is moving left to right with a springing action back to the center position.

Thx for your help and pointers. I will look for posts that talks about tweaking the arm for yaw.

T

I just bought a used Solo with gimbal, my 3rd. During pre-purchase testing I noted to the seller that the camera was pointed slightly to the right of the craft. He said that was to keep the left leg out of the fov. #3 is going to be a beater/experimental craft so it doesn't matter too much. I came across the same topic on a FB group. Seems to be a characteristic. Some mention of modifying in mp or solex. I have noticed my other two Solo cameras not quite center and forward before, but gave it no thought since the flights and video were fine.

I just bought a used Solo with gimbal, my 3rd. During pre-purchase testing I noted to the seller that the camera was pointed slightly to the right of the craft. He said that was to keep the left leg out of the fov. #3 is going to be a beater/experimental craft so it doesn't matter too much. I came across the same topic on a FB group. Seems to be a characteristic. Some mention of modifying in mp or solex. I have noticed my other two Solo cameras not quite center and forward before, but gave it no thought since the flights and video were fine.

Thx for the input timgilley. Will keep that in mind. I'm also trying to work out the yaw/panning motor's humming issue.

T

Some mention of modifying in mp or solex.
This is what we are trying to figure out "How you manually adjust the Pan/Yaw" certain individuals claim you can do this in MP but offer no solution? The Gimbal is in low torque mode when the motors are not armed its not until the Solo is in Flight that high torque is achieved and the Gimbal IMU aligns with the Solo's internal IMU and points it acording to the solo's heading so this is kinda impossible to adjust while the Solo is sitting on your desk...I'd like to see some real world data on this one....Anybody??

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks