What Maximum load weight for the Solo Gimbal?

Reaction score
Hi guys - I recently received a second Gimbal for some experimental work to fit some other cameras in there. I really love my Solo - but I need a better camera now.

My question now is, can anyone say something about the maximum (balanced) load weight the Solo Gimbal can handle to work properly?

THX in advance!

@fpvsteve would have insight to load limits, he modified a gimbal for a GP5/6/7.

I'd think the limiter would be the tilt axis and then the roll axis to a lesser extent. Both in regards to mechanical axial strength and limited motor torque. The camera holder is out far and unsupported. Too much balanced weight could still be an issue, motor overloading.

I'd feel confident adding about 30g long term if balanced. Above that I'd expect the gimbal to fatigue on the tilt axis after some usage, a few hard landings as an example.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

The mass is only relevant if you are afraid to bend an axle or compress the dampers too much. - it is not your main limit unless you want to carry a kilo or more.
The real limit that you will face, if "how perfectly can you balance said load, both as "balance per axis" and "aerodynamic symmetry/balance"
As long the balancing is perfect, and its aerodynamic load is perfectly symmetric, the gimbal motor does not need to work harder with additional mass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40