What is needed for FPV?

Reaction score
Have done days of research but never owned a drone. This one is inexpensive without the gimbal (I guess that means a camera stabilizer) and without the camera. I need to add a camera for first person view (FPV)? Otherwise, it would be visually flying the thing with no cockpit view, right? So if I stick a camera on the fixed camera mount that is included, does that enable FPV? I am wondering how the video is transmitted from the drone to me. I will look in the manual, too.

Thanks.

Not totally sure what you're asking. If you are using a GoPro Hero 3+ Black or a Hero 4 mounted on the Solo, the video is streamed to your phone which is mounted on your controller. You see what the GoPro sees. Works with some other GoPro versions, but with lesser functionality.

Reactions: DennisTPfpv
There is a small usb plug on the controller that you can use are if your goggles have wi fi it will also work.

Yes, it can be flown without camera, although if you have a gimbal, you would want to remove it for flying without camera. And it will fly waypoints without a camera. The camera plugs into the Solo and the Solo connects wirelessly to the controller.

Reactions: Badzilla
Not a usb its a mini hdmi you do not need gimbal to fly..... the standard mount that comes with the solo will allow you to use a gopro 3+silver or higher with limited control with the silver, gp4 will give you all options and control fpv can be achieved through mini hdmi but you will not get any osd readings in goggles unless you have a tablet with hdmi out done by mirroring your tablet to your goggles this drone without gimbal is seriously limited I suggest getting the gimbal or you will not be able to use any of the smart shots.

Sorry! I said usb and I know it's a hdmi I use it with my SpeXman Two Goggles.

Have you used this camera with Solo, or just assume it will work?
$20 seems a bit unrealistic for something that works well.
I have an SJ4000 and I was unable to get it to function with the SOLO HDMI setup, despite many many tries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44