Warp Stabilized 1080p from fixed Gopro mount

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought this little ridge fly by turned out pretty well for a random line. You can see when RtH kicked in neat the end. The Gimbal will definitely add another dimension with the tilt function. Really looking forward to having that thing.

I was wondering what kind of filters people are using in their gopros. I'd like a polarized filter to start but don't know too much about what else is out there.

Reactions: DodgeP and JDizzy

I thought this little ridge fly by turned out pretty well for a random line. You can see when RtH kicked in neat the end. The Gimbal will definitely add another dimension with the tilt function. Really looking forward to having that thing.

I was wondering what kind of filters people are using in their gopros. I'd like a polarized filter to start but don't know too much about what else is out there.
awesome

Very Nice. Looks like signal loss once you got out of site behind the ridge. What was the distance at that point?

That's a beautiful spot and great video!

Very Nice. Looks like signal loss once you got out of site behind the ridge. What was the distance at that point?
I'm not sure what the distance was at the ridge (I'm thinking less than 1000ft) but the altitude was around 600 ft from launch. About halfway through the clip I strafe left and that's when I crossed over the ridge, went out of line of sight, and felt RTH kick in. Here's a still from the flight taken after RTH kicked in and right went I regained signal. The red arrow is pointing to me in a parking lot to give an idea of distance.

I hope that an aftermarket antenna will let me do things like duck behind those ridges for a second without signal interruption.

I'm new to GoPro, so same questions here about filters. You masters of GP, what resources/cliffnotes do you suggest to speed up the obvious learning curve for aerial imagery perfection.

I'm new to GoPro, so same questions here about filters. You masters of GP, what resources/cliffnotes do you suggest to speed up the obvious learning curve for aerial imagery perfection.
I haven't heard any filter advice from the GP gurus yet, but I've been poking around on google. Entry kits like this one are pretty easy to find http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/Products/blurfix33-micro-52mm-filter-pack.aspx
The neutral density filters block a certain percentage of light getting in, forcing the gopro into a lower shutter speed which, they claim, can eliminate a lot of the gripes I'm having about the video image. Right now, if I view my footage on a large HD monitor, I can see a mirage like shimmer distortion that annoys the heck out of me. That distortion is my enemy right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44