Wants to fly everywhere!!!

Reaction score
Yes, I wanted to fly everywhere, but I know there are rules and regulations one must follow. But it's so confusing as to where can you fly bending a bit of rules and not get caught or fined big time?

Where are places you can usually fly without getting into troubles with the local authorities? Such as: residential areas, along rivers, past highways, small parks, big parks, beaches, lake/ocean fronts, parking lots, etc.

During my research of Forest Preserves park, they require you to either have AMA membership or liability insurance to fly in permitted areas of their parks/ flying fields/ picnic grounds. Is it recommended to have either AMA or insurance whether you fly only at Forest Preserves or not?

I'm just worried about offending or disturbing the public.

Reactions: daniel s
AMA membership is worth having for the insurance and flying fields. But they are really struggling with drones - since so many owners are not hobbyists - at least not in the sense that they have built and studied the aircraft they are flying.

AMA flying is typically on their fields - with fellow enthusiasts who are more than willing to educate the newbie.

Reactions: daniel s and carpy
Yes, I wanted to fly everywhere, but I know there are rules and regulations one must follow. But it's so confusing as to where can you fly bending a bit of rules and not get caught or fined big time?

Where are places you can usually fly without getting into troubles with the local authorities? Such as: residential areas, along rivers, past highways, small parks, big parks, beaches, lake/ocean fronts, parking lots, etc.

During my research of Forest Preserves park, they require you to either have AMA membership or liability insurance to fly in permitted areas of their parks/ flying fields/ picnic grounds. Is it recommended to have either AMA or insurance whether you fly only at Forest Preserves or not?

I'm just worried about offending or disturbing the public.
It's not advisable to fly anywhere by "bending the rules", the rules are there for a reason and it's people who are "bending them a bit" that is causing the major issues that drone owners and operators are facing. Read the rules, understand the rules and follow the rules. Be a responsible drone owner and fly responsibly. If you don't understand the rules, you're not ready to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000