Waiting for Solo

LDH

Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking for some help with a refurb I got back from 3DR. The unit that was returned to me does not want to pair..in fact all it does is give me a "waiting for solo" message on the controller. I see in the back of the controller a solid red light, which is probably not good but I thought I would ask for any advice from the crew. The controller will not do a factory reset and it is not broadcasting any wifi signal. I have made another claim with 3DR but the wait time is now much longer and I can't get any phone help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you pulled the battery in the controller?
I had to re-pair when I forgot my wifi password and a new mobile device. I called 3dr and they talked me through it. I had to reset the bird, button on the underbelly of the bird. It was a process, so you might want them to walk you through it. Unless someone knows the steps.

Don't think we're gonna be able to help on this one. But you're right- tech support wait time is starting to be measured in weeks, not days.
I've been grounded for a week waiting for a response.:(

I had to re-pair when I forgot my wifi password and a new mobile device. I called 3dr and they talked me through it. I had to reset the bird, button on the underbelly of the bird. It was a process, so you might want them to walk you through it. Unless someone knows the steps.
I have tried that as well. (You just push in the button with a paperclip for approx 15seconds as the bird powers up.) I think the problem lies in the controller since it isn't broadcasting any wifi and I searched the solid red light which turned up a few interesting things...one of which is the old 8gb micro sd in the controller. I will wait on the service reply to check on that.

Don't think we're gonna be able to help on this one. But you're right- tech support wait time is starting to be measured in weeks, not days.
I've been grounded for a week waiting for a response.:(
It is not a good sign that I can't reset the controller with the supplied instructions...press and hold power + fly as it boots up. That only ends up powering the controller up. With all the money they are making you would think they could hire more tech staff :p

It is not a good sign that I can't reset the controller with the supplied instructions...press and hold power + fly as it boots up. That only ends up powering the controller up. With all the money they are making you would think they could hire more tech staff :p
A few people have reported their button gets stuck. Can you press all buttons and hear them click and they spring back all the way out?

A few people have reported their button gets stuck. Can you press all buttons and hear them click and they spring back all the way out?
You bet, I tried all the buttons as well as the gopro controller sliders etc...everything seems to click and spring back as it should.

Micro SD, yeah...I remember seeing posts about it in the late summer early fall with people having issues with the card coming loose. It is part of the gps transmitter/reciever part I believe.
Really good info to know. I didn't notice it on SOLO when I've opened her up a few times. Was focused on the task @ hand. Thanks

Really good info to know. I didn't notice it on SOLO when I've opened her up a few times. Was focused on the task @ hand. Thanks
If I remember correctly it is held in place with a little blob of glue or silicone...but I have yet to verify that myself. No problem at all!

Again just FYI. It was a process. had to do it twice. Took like 40 mins. It was more than just the controller being a problem to sync. Suxs that customer support sucks now. When I called (about a month ago) they answered within 5 mins.

Again just FYI. It was a process. had to do it twice. Took like 40 mins. It was more than just the controller being a problem to sync. Suxs that customer support sucks now. When I called (about a month ago) they answered within 5 mins.
Thanks for the info...yeah, this is my second unit now so I am all too familiar with the process, haha. I have been trying on and off for about 4 days now. My first unit was slow too, and took 3 tries to pair it but the main difference, and of most concern I think, is that the controller is a steady red light inside it with no functionality other than power on and power off. I am stubborn and patient though, so I will keep at it! Thanks!

Hi, I am new to this forum...

Upgraded FW to 2.4 few days ago. All went well, though niw stuck with "waiting for solo". I tried (almost) everything: batteries in/out, factory reset including successful preflight update and successful re-pairing. Still no success - controller shows WFS.

Interestingly, if I remove the gimbal I am able to establish a connection between the controller and the bird..

Any recommendation?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks