Waiting for solo connection problem

Reaction score
Everytime I go outside to fly I power on my controller and then the solo itself, but the remote always says waiting for solo and I have to reboot everything at least once to get it to connect. Has anyone had this problem or know a solution?

Last edited:
I think the recommended order is..
GoPro
Solo
Controller
3drApp
Tower(if applicable)

Good luck

Reactions: algojo
If the problem is only a startup-sequence issue, I can tell you my procedure and I have never experienced a problem connecting.
  1. Open the Solo App on your device
  2. Power-on the controller and let it boot up completely until 'waiting for Solo' appears
  3. Power-up Solo - by the time Solo completely boots you should be rid of 'waiting for Solo' on the controller
  4. Connect to the Solo network with your App
The controller contains the wi/fi router for the system, so once the controller has booted, you should see the Solo network on your device anyway. If you don't, there may be other issues.

I use a separate Wi/Fi Analyzer (Wi/Fi Sniffer) to troubleshoot network problems. You can download one at the Play Store.

ETA: My GPH4B comes on automatically when I power-on Solo, and off when I turn Solo off, so should be no need to worry about powering the GP separately if you have a GPH4B.
ETA2: YMMV - Apparently I am luckier than some in regard to start-up and the GoPro powering on/off

Last edited:
If the problem is only a startup-sequence issue, I can tell you my procedure and I have never experienced a problem connecting.
  1. Open the Solo App on your device
  2. Power-on the controller and let it boot up completely until 'waiting for Solo' appears
  3. Power-up Solo - by the time Solo completely boots you should be rid of 'waiting for Solo' on the controller
  4. Connect to the Solo network with your App
The controller contains the wi/fi router for the system, so once the controller has booted, you should see the Solo network on your device anyway. If you don't, there may be other issues.

I use a separate Wi/Fi Analyzer (Wi/Fi Sniffer) to troubleshoot network problems. You can download one at the Play Store.

ETA: My GPH4B comes on automatically when I power-on Solo, and off when I turn Solo off, so should be no need to worry about powering the GP separately if you have a GPH4B.
ETA2: YMMV - Apparently I am luckier than some in regard to start-up and the GoPro powering on/off

I tried this today and it seemed to solve the issue. I think my problem was not letting the controller fully boot. Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44