VRS...Solo?

I have not noticed anything like that when descending straight down....but perhaps in manual mode you can descend faster.

@RichWest mine drops much faster than the Phantom and does not get the wiggle at the beginning of VRS that the Phantom does.

It is very fluid coming down. No signs of VRS at all.

Old post, but wanted to bring it back up now with personal experience. I did a rapid descend yesterday and am amazed at the stability of the Solo. At 75' AGL I lowered the bird full stick down. The only sign of VRS was at about 20' which I think was caused by a slight gust. The recovery was quick and didn't over react like my previous experiences from another brand.

Very stable platform.

Old post, but wanted to bring it back up now with personal experience. I did a rapid descend yesterday and am amazed at the stability of the Solo. At 75' AGL I lowered the bird full stick down. The only sign of VRS was at about 20' which I think was caused by a slight gust. The recovery was quick and didn't over react like my previous experiences from another brand.

Very stable platform.
It really does descend nice. Better than the DJI does for sure !

Very stable platform.
I agree. I will add that the Solo really is a Tank... I say that with love in my heart ;)

It is smooth in the air and (even after adjusting dynmaic breaking, gain, expo etc. etc.) is better as a filming platform in my view than the "other" units in this class as it is just less "twitchy".

I haven't crashed either of mine since I put on the gimbals (I had a GPS glitch early on on Solo1 and a take off pilot error in Tower on Solo2) but I will also say that Solos are VERY solid and can take a beating and not flinch.

Reactions: RikMiddle
I agree. I will add that the Solo really is a Tank... I say that with love in my heart ;)

It is smooth in the air and (even after adjusting dynmaic breaking, gain, expo etc. etc.) is better as a filming platform in my view than the "other" units in this class as it is just less "twitchy".

I haven't crashed either of mine since I put on the gimbals (I had a GPS glitch early on on Solo1 and a take off pilot error in Tower on Solo2) but I will also say that Solos are VERY solid and can take a beating and not flinch.
what you just said... exactly.

beat mine up many times back in glitchville, many props... still flies true and now that I've learned the ropes no crashes since gimbal. Great smooth vids even in the wind... love this thing...

Yup good quality plastics and design, I'm curios how the gimbals hold up in a crash, it's been proven it takes a lot to break anything more than a prop. Dont want to find out from experience but I'd like to see how our gimbal is in a crash, I'm sure somewhere in between the solo itself and the zenmuse H3s, question is which end of that spektrum it's on.

If anybody wrecks with the gimbal attached let us know how it does, the stability and build quality truly set this bird apart from my lil white one for sure.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
David Weston crashed because of a motor failure. The gimbal did not survive so 3DR is replacing it. Not sure the outcome as the parts have been delayed.

I looked at some of this videos and they had horizontal jitter in video but otherwise seemed to work.

Reactions: RikMiddle
David Weston crashed because of a motor failure. The gimbal did not survive so 3DR is replacing it. Not sure the outcome as the parts have been delayed.

I looked at some of this videos and they had horizontal jitter in video but otherwise seemed to work.
motor fail... my biggest fear.

gotta luv 3DR tho if they come through...

He was pretty fortunate. It was quite ugly but the Solo held up really well (except gimbal and props). He was smart enough to know something wasn't right and had it near the ground when it finally flipped out.

Just wish he could get parts to get back in the air.

Yea my fear too if mine sounds a bit different or drifts oddly I get nervous after seeing these motors failing a good bit now. My high school and one of the best High school teams in this region is only a couple thousand feet away and I recorded some while they played the other night. Problem is I get nervous over 1000 feet cause if it fails it's gone, I wouldn't go above the people, but I t would be great to get some of the game action plus the fields really cool with Cardinals in the end zones, looks more like a small college field than most high schools. They've been more about football than academics as long as me or my family has been alive. Anyway it'd be nice to have a bit more reliable motors was my point, I'm a bit fearful my rear left motor that's always felt a bit different us going to go soon. Problem is I've thought this for over a month and it's still running, I'd hate to spend money to replace a good pod.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44