Video editing

I'm new here on the forums, but I actually am a video-editor in real life! I recommend Premiere Pro from adobe. They have a creative cloud deal where you can access all their software for a monthly fee ($40 roughly?). Otherwise classic Final Cut Pro 7 or X works as well. These are industry standard software, but the great thing about them is they recognize 99% of all video formats (excluding FCP7) therefore your videos need no compression or converting. You can just hop right into editing.

For the price it's pretty hard to beat DaVinci Resolve and even if they charged for it those color grading tools are incredible! Because the video out of the camera is 'Long GOP' you need something to up-sample the frame rate for smoothest editing. GoPro has a simple editor which is free which I wouldn't recommend for much of anything but up-conversion to their interpolated format (forget what they call it) which Resolve will open.

You don't need to subscribe to Premiere if you get the Elements version. Frequently you can get it bundled with Photoshop Elements for as little as $100.

Frankly, nothing touches Premiere at this point. Combine it with the software that comes with the GoPro, and you can do it all.

Hope this helps

What do you get for color grading with Elements? Does it approach Resolve?

What do you get for color grading with Elements? Does it approach Resolve?
Can't speak for elements, but with adobe subscription you get free access to speed grade which is a user friendly and effective color correction program. Resolve is great too, but there is a color correction suite that comes with premiere. Also they just updated and added lumetri scopes into Premiere which is a domestic color correction suite within Premiere that is pretty handy for basic color correcting.

Either programs are a great option imo.

When they pulled that subscription nonsense with Photoshop they lost this customer. I now use GIMP. Never did use Premiere but didn't think too highly of Apple when then converted FCP into iMovie +

Elements will do basic colour correction. I like Resolve, but I think it's more complicated than it needs to be. I had the full version. I couldn't get my head to think like it. It's not a traditional editor.

Someone mentions something called Viosk Movie Maker. Never heard of it. I've been a professional Videoroducer for 35 years. I know what works for me, that's all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso