v4l2 driver

Reaction score
I'm hoping to us a USB camera on the Solo in place of the GoPro/HDMI input. I have been able to wire it to the expansion port USB, and it is recognized, but no driver is loaded.

It appears that there are very few drivers available in the OpenSolo firmware, so I suspect I will have to build my own firmware with another driver or three. Unfortunately I am having difficulty getting Vagrant to cooperate.

I first tried installing it on Windows, but Virtual box complains about AMD-V not being enabled, which is a persistent problem that I've had and haven't been able to find a way around. I'm sure I have it enabled in the BIOS menu, but something must still not be configured right.

I then tried installing on my Ubuntu (18.04 I think) server, and it appears that the version of virtualbox that I had to install from a .deb file is too new for the system installed vagrant.

I have no problems running Docker images on either machine, and, honestly, I don't know the difference between docker and vagant. Is there a docker image available, or a dockerfile that I can build an image from? I think I could build one fairly easily from the install-vagrant-deps.sh script, but I don't want to duplicate effort if someone has one that already.

On a different subject, is there any other discussion areas besides here and Facebook? I don't do Facebook...

No other discussion groups besides here and Facebook I'm aware of.

I don't remember what version of Virtual Box I have on my Ubuntu machine, but the vagrant VM has always worked fine for me. Whatever version it is was the latest version at the time.

Thanks for the link. I'm not a big fan of Gentoo, but that's just because of a bad experience 20 years ago. I'm sure it's better now. :)

Have you been able to boot the board into Gentoo? I would like an OS that would allow me to work directly on the device.

I have had my progress.....interrupted by recent, shall we say, thermal events. My long term aim is to move to a modern, much more powerful companion computer.

I achieved my first goal, which was to capture 360 video from a USB camera, downlink it, and fly FPV with it (using an Android FPV app that we modified to support streaming 360 video in VR mode):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The video isn't great, but I think it works as a proof of concept.

The copter was acting odd at the end, kind of circling into the landing, and then flipped, like it didn't know if was on the ground. I don't know if that has anything to do with what I was doing. I was saving the video to the sdcard, so that could have caused some lag in the system, but I've also had some mag issues, which might explain it.

I copied all the logs off of the copter. What's the best way to analyze the logs?

The video isn't great, but I think it works as a proof of concept.

The copter was acting odd at the end, kind of circling into the landing, and then flipped, like it didn't know if was on the ground. I don't know if that has anything to do with what I was doing. I was saving the video to the sdcard, so that could have caused some lag in the system, but I've also had some mag issues, which might explain it.

I copied all the logs off of the copter. What's the best way to analyze the logs?

First off, congratulations. You put in a fair bit of effort to get to that video. Hope you'll publish a complete writeup....at some point.

For log review, Mission Planner is the way to go. There are some built in analysis aids and they can help you know where to go next.

FWIW, the flip over on landing is a known issue with the stock firmware on Solo. Unfortunately I don't remember whether you are on OpenSolo or stock firmware.

I do think if you are writing to the MicroSD that is on the i.MX6 that there might be some relation to odd behaviours observed, but log analysis should tell the tale there.

Again, congrats on that video!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela