Upgraded cards now solo drops signal, does RTH and will not regain signal

Reaction score
Hello,

I've exhausted 3DR support on this issue. I hope people here can help as I'm looking at something like a broken drone. I will explain it as best as I can.

I've upgraded the wifi cards in the solo and on the controller and added external antenna ports.

Now, it will fly and what not but if I make a hard manuver, it will drop signal and RTH with red lights flashing. I can get up close to the solo with my controller and it will not regain signal. It just sits on the ground with blinking red lights. It's like it locked up or reached a fault and limped home. If I power cycle the solo and controller, it will be good to go again. I'm not an expert when it comes to interpreting logs but I have SSH'd into the controller because I had to calibrate my sticks since my gimbal was not working. Is there a diagnostic log like /var/dmesg I can grab to see if it is something where there is a g force issue or if there is a power management issue? I will PM a link to logs to anyone willing to take a look.

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:
There are dmesg output logs on the Solo. Have you tried looking at a few? Post your logs here. Maybe someone might find something that 3DR missed.

I would be suspicious of a the antenna connections in solo since you mention losing connection during a hard maneuver. Did you silicone the uFL connectors?

How well did it fly before all the mods? Will 3dr RMA it?

It flew fine. The range was pretty bad if wifi was close which is why I did the mod. 3dr says I'm on my own since that presume it was caused by my mod. I can't challenge that fact.

I would be suspicious of a the antenna connections in solo since you mention losing connection during a hard maneuver. Did you silicone the uFL connectors?
I hot glued them in place. The signal comes back fine after a power cycle.

Wait you said you did external antennas, what did u use for the external antennas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40