UAV Kind of Vaca

Reaction score
well it was a fun week off, did not go anywhere but did get to:
  • fly 6 batteries and a Yuneec 4K, that was interesting as solo is the only one I have ever flown. It is a cool piece of equipment and has its pluses. But I would not trade my solo for it. And even the Gopro is a preferred camera option
  • Took a set of bad solo motor pods and replaced the motors with TBS T-Motors. Successful flight afterwards and really like the sound of these.
  • Got 90% through a custom X8 Build. Ran out of time but everything is wired up and passed the power up smoke test. Wow if you want to have respect for solo try building one of these things. I still need to add some space in my upper deck and do some final wire management. Then it will be ready to load up the software and start calibrations and bench test. I am hoping to maiden next weekend

If you cant jet off to some exotic location for a dive or two, its the best way to spend a week
My least favorite part of drone building? Soldering in ESCs
Favorite part so far is initial fitting for final configuration

well it was a fun week off, did not go anywhere but did get to:
  • fly 6 batteries and a Yuneec 4K, that was interesting as solo is the only one I have ever flown. It is a cool piece of equipment and has its pluses. But I would not trade my solo for it. And even the Gopro is a preferred camera option
  • Took a set of bad solo motor pods and replaced the motors with TBS T-Motors. Successful flight afterwards and really like the sound of these.
  • Got 90% through a custom X8 Build. Ran out of time but everything is wired up and passed the power up smoke test. Wow if you want to have respect for solo try building one of these things. I still need to add some space in my upper deck and do some final wire management. Then it will be ready to load up the software and start calibrations and bench test. I am hoping to maiden next weekend

If you cant jet off to some exotic location for a dive or two, its the best way to spend a week
My least favorite part of drone building? Soldering in ESCs
Favorite part so far is initial fitting for final configuration
Pyrate, You 1 man that love his hobby...Good for you!

Reactions: pyrate
Well I would have rather bee scuba diving, but if you are going to be stuck at home then it works just fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44