Two solos, hard case, gimbal, 6 batteries many extra parts for sale.

Reaction score
Let me know what you need or if you would be interested in the whole package

-2 x 3DR Solo Quadcopter Smart DronesOne is (refurbished and never been used the other is used)
-Gimbal
-6 Batteries
-Extended Controller Battery
-Extra Controller Battery
-Many Extra Props
-GoPro Hero3+ Silver
- Hard Case for traveling
-Multiple extra sets of legs

Attachments

• 00t0t_bbd6XGfLcFf_600x450.jpg
    00t0t_bbd6XGfLcFf_600x450.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 61
Probably like any of our other members that see this ad, is there anyway that you can put a number on the package and maybe you can do this to give them an idea for me?
Full package for all, shipping included to 91350? Am I safe to say that the batteries are maintained with proper level of flight time in them as well as the camera? Also, what kind of memory comes with the Gopro 3+? Lastly, who had done the reconditioning of the Solo and where were they certified, when and is it still warr?

Hi Bob,

Is there anyway that you can put a number on the package and maybe you can do this to give them an idea for me? Full package for all, shipping included to 91350?

Below are all the items included in what I am selling and the lowest price I could find for them online.

Extra Legs and Batteries (4) = $125
Master Screw Props (6 sets ) = $100
DRONE CRATES® 3DR SOLO CASE - WITH WHEELS = $205
3DR Extended Battery for Solo Transmitter (Already in Controller) = $13
3dr Solo Gimbal for GoPro = $129
Replacement Controller Battery = $13
Go Pro 3+ Silver (no housing 32 GB Sd card) = $50
Refurbished 3dr Solo = $230
Used 3dr Solo = $200
Total = $1065

I don't know what the shipping would be to your location but could find out more if you are interested.

Am I safe to say that the batteries are maintained with proper level of flight time in them as well as the camera?

I have always kept the batteries at full charge and almost always ended the mission when prompted by the controller. The camera battery is older as it is the original for the GoPro but has never been a limiting factor in flying.

Lastly, who had done the reconditioning of the Solo and where were they certified, when and is it still warr?

The refurbished solo came from ebay @ $230. I wrote the reseller to get clarification on the Warranty and Certification. Here is the reply:

"The drone was covered under our warranty of 30 days at time of purchase. There is no manufacturers warranty. We train our technicians and make sure they are certified to our standards which are at or above manufacturer quality assurance standards. The warranty does not transfer over to the new drone."

The used solo has had some rough other landings and one set of props is scuffed up a bit. I replaced the body and one of the motors. It fell about 10' onto a rock and cracked the original. I had trouble getting one screw to reseat in the battery tray but otherwise it flies fine. Also one of the batteries doesn't seem to click in easily.

The solos are great little drones but unfortunately at this latitude the single satellite constellation isn’t enough to keep a GPS signal and they lose control so I switched to a DJI.

I would say $800 is a fair price for the whole package and at least 20% lower than the lowest price I could find for each individual item.

Last edited:
Hi Bob,

Is there anyway that you can put a number on the package and maybe you can do this to give them an idea for me? Full package for all, shipping included to 91350?

Below are all the items included in what I am selling and the lowest price I could find for them online.

DRONE CRATES[emoji768] 3DR SOLO CASE - WITH WHEELS = $205
Used 3dr Solo = $200
Total = $1065

I don't know what the shipping would be to your location but could find out more if you are interested.

Am I safe to say that the batteries are maintained with proper level of flight time in them as well as the camera?

I have always kept the batteries at full charge and almost always ended the mission when prompted by the controller. The camera battery is older as it is the original for the GoPro but has never been a limiting factor in flying.

Lastly, who had done the reconditioning of the Solo and where were they certified, when and is it still warr?

The refurbished solo came from ebay @ $230. I wrote the reseller to get clarification on the Warranty and Certification. Here is the reply:

"The drone was covered under our warranty of 30 days at time of purchase. There is no manufacturers warranty. We train our technicians and make sure they are certified to our standards which are at or above manufacturer quality assurance standards. The warranty does not transfer over to the new drone."

The used solo has had some rough other landings and one set of props is scuffed up a bit. I replaced the body and one of the motors. It fell about 10' onto a rock and cracked the original. I had trouble getting one screw to reseat in the battery tray but otherwise it flies fine. Also one of the batteries doesn't seem to click in easily.

The solos are great little drones but unfortunately at this latitude the single satellite constellation isn’t enough to keep a GPS signal and they lose control so I switched to a DJI.

I would say $800 is a fair price for the whole package and at least 20% lower than the lowest price I could find for each individual item.
Thank you much for the pricing. Let me share it with a friend that may have possible interest and see where it goes from there. Appreciate the breakdown.

Sure no problem. I would be willing to take reasonable offers on the individual parts too. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
Sure no problem. I would be willing to take reasonable offers on the individual parts too. Here are some pictures.
I'll pass the information on as well. I'm not sure there's any interest and do not want to mislead you, but I'll try from my end of what I can do!

pity, there's an easy plug n play mod to add constellations

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Hi Bob,

Used 3dr Solo = $200
Total = $1065

What's your latitude?

GPS does work all the way to the poles...from my understanding, at least 6 should be viewable even at the pole (the main problem is GPS altitude would be less accurate).

Anyway, 60 is plenty far south that none of that should be a problem.

The Solo came with a "Rev A" GPS, and a "Rev B" GPS...the B was supposed to be better, but there's been some debate about that...some folks think the A is just fine...then there are also aftermarket GPS units you can buy, based on the M8N chip, which is far more sensitive...picks up more satellites, and picks them up faster.

There's a zillion threads about all this, but yes, the factory GPS is replaceable for $50 to $75 (last time I checked)...this is the one I bought:

mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade (New)

Reactions: Akmapco
Thanks, I am well aware of the MRO unit, I have it in 3 of my Solo's. I miss understood and thought someone had a software hack for the stock GPS unit. Sorry for the misunderstanding..

Thanks for this info. I have consider upgrading the GPS but have put upgrades on hold for a while.

We have satellites but they are not as predictable here in the great white north. They are often low on the horizon so the signals are disturbed by trees or behind mountains. This causes multi-path errors for most gps's and I can only assume this is the root of the drifting issue I have with the solo. What else could it be? Usually once I am above the trees it works fine but I can rarely find these ideal conditions to fly.

"The issues GNSS users in higher latitudes face are not only lack of satellite coverage, but several factors of environmental interference within the atmosphere. The result of these conditions and hazards are scintillation, positioning errors and cycle slips. These are very difficult to predict, thus increasing data-collection time and efforts to catch potential errors. "

BLM’s new GNSS protocols may set undesirable precedent : GPS World

Thanks for this info. I have consider upgrading the GPS but have put upgrades on hold for a while.

We have satellites but they are not as predictable here in the great white north. They are often low on the horizon so the signals are disturbed by trees or behind mountains. This causes multi-path errors for most gps's and I can only assume this is the root of the drifting issue I have with the solo. What else could it be? Usually once I am above the trees it works fine but I can rarely find these ideal conditions to fly.

"The issues GNSS users in higher latitudes face are not only lack of satellite coverage, but several factors of environmental interference within the atmosphere. The result of these conditions and hazards are scintillation, positioning errors and cycle slips. These are very difficult to predict, thus increasing data-collection time and efforts to catch potential errors. "

BLM’s new GNSS protocols may set undesirable precedent : GPS World

OK...thanks for that explanation.

-2 x 3DR Solo Quadcopter Smart DronesOne is (refurbished and never been used the other is used)
-Gimbal
-6 Batteries
-Many Extra Props
-GoPro Hero3+ Silver

Hi Bob,

Used 3dr Solo = $200
Total = $1065

-Gimbal
-6 Batteries
-Many Extra Props
-GoPro Hero3+ Silver

What do you have left?

I would be interested in a couple of the batteries if u have any left.

I would be interested in a couple of the batteries if u have any left.
Hi Matman,

I think i'm going to hold on to the individual items so i can remain functional with the solo. I'll drop you a note if i change my mind.

Thanks!

Gary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc