Two Beeps

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been previously posted but I searched and didn't find anything. I also searched the owners manual and nothing there either. I was trying to fly my solo this morning at a local park. Wide open field, no other wifi signals in the area, no obstructions or buildings whatsoever. GoPro was turned off. No gimbal. Solo connected to the controller and also to my tablet just fine. BUT, it took about 20 minutes to get past the "searching for gps" screen. Even though I had 11 satellites indicated. The solo was beeping twice, then it would wait about 20 - 30 seconds and do the beep beep again. I ran the calibration and it showed successful. I relocated the solo several times to a different area within the wide open field. Finally, it just gave the ready to fly and off I went. All went well during the flight. I did a couple of orbits that were perfect. Had no issues after take off. Thanks.

IMHO... if you haven't flown the Solo for a while, the GPS battery can go dead (it's a rechargeable battery). At this point the GPS needs to download the data tables from the GPS satellites and this takes time.

Once it has lock, it will remember the data until the battery goes dead again. I think someone said it takes about 2 hours to fully recharge the battery, and once charged, it should last a few weeks.

So if you only fly your Solo every once in a while for one flight or two, it can take time to find the GPS satellites, and the battery may never get fully charged.

If it's taking too long, some say to power off the Solo and try again.

Also, if there are Solar storms, it can cause the GPS to take a long time to get a lock.

Perhaps a combination of these things are causing some issues?

IMHO... if you haven't flown the Solo for a while, the GPS battery can go dead (it's a rechargeable battery). At this point the GPS needs to download the data tables from the GPS satellites and this takes time.

Once it has lock, it will remember the data until the battery goes dead again. I think someone said it takes about 2 hours to fully recharge the battery, and once charged, it should last a few weeks.

So if you only fly your Solo every once in a while for one flight or two, it can take time to find the GPS satellites, and the battery may never get fully charged.

If it's taking too long, some say to power off the Solo and try again.

Also, if there are Solar storms, it can cause the GPS to take a long time to get a lock.

Perhaps a combination of these things are causing some issues?

Thanks for the reply.... I fly about 4 flights a week. Last time I flew was a week ago. How does the GPS battery recharge? Is it via the removable battery on the Solo? I did power everything off several times while trying to fly. Nothing seemed to make a difference. My concern was the "2 beep" error code. I couldn't find anything in the literature or online that would tell me exactly what that meant.

Yes that sounds like the beeps I heard today. Thank you.

Sorry, I missed the part about the beeps.

The GPS battery charges from the Solo flight battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986