Tower details or manual

Reaction score
I see that there is a Tower groundstation manual having to do with the Inspire, and there certainly are many similarities to Solo Tower, but I am wondering if there is a "Solo Tower" manual? I am parictulary interested in details about various aspects of missions such as "point of interest" and more detail of the various autonomous flight modes such as "survey".

The problem with some of this is that once you know it the info seems simple, but since we are dealing with an obejct made of plastic that fly's..... Finding out your assumptions were wrong midflight can be treacherous :)

Reactions: Mosquito2
If you look there is 34 pages of answers and questions here it is 3dr official Articles

http://3drobotics.com/kb/

Thanks.
I have seen this. While good stuff, most of it doesn't pertain to Tower, and what does is more of an overview.

I also see issues, questions, code, etc. on GitHub, but am missing the manual. Are you referring to the readme or wiki? If you look, there really isn't much there.

What I am in search of is an orgaized manual. Something that articulates all the features and options. Am I just missing it there?

Last edited:
I see that there is a Tower groundstation manual having to do with the Inspire, and there certainly are many similarities to Solo Tower, but I am wondering if there is a "Solo Tower" manual? I am parictulary interested in details about various aspects of missions such as "point of interest" and more detail of the various autonomous flight modes such as "survey".

The problem with some of this is that once you know it the info seems simple, but since we are dealing with an obejct made of plastic that fly's..... Finding out your assumptions were wrong midflight can be treacherous :)

Developers like to hide functions.
This time, the survey function in Edit Mode is hidden behinde the Track button.
We need to press the Track button to get a new button to select the menu where we can select the survey function.
Instead of one click we need three clicks.
See attached pic.
And even the App is called Tower, the datas (Missions) are stored in the folder Droidplanner.

Attachments

• Survey.jpg
    Survey.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 33
I concur on the dearth of documentation. I am a new user and not a developer. Looking for an overview of all of Tower's user functions. Some of the terms are self-explanatory but others seem to be particular to the app. I was able to find information on how to make the connection. Before I attempt to plan and execute a flight I need the exact steps on how to do that. I have flown more than an hour using the Solo App with good results. How does one switch between flying with the controller, with which I am comfortable, to starting to fly a programmed mission?

Developers like to hide functions.
This time, the survey function in Edit Mode is hidden behinde the Track button.
We need to press the Track button to get a new button to select the menu where we can select the survey function.
Instead of one click we need three clicks.
See attached pic.
And even the App is called Tower, the datas (Missions) are stored in the folder Droidplanner.
It's not hidden, it's a sub menu of planning a mission and is less used than simple mission planning. Not everything can be '1 click'. The folder is called Droidplanner because until just recently that was the name of the program, not Tower. It is a public domain program and like other PD software, it is very good but has limited documentation, since no one is being paid for their time to write it.

Given that 3DR announced Tower for Solo, I think they would reduce problems (as well as crashes) and increase customer satisfaction if they paid someone to write a manual for Tower

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela