The "GPS glitch"

I have been testing manual a lot lately as the Alt hold is not working. I cant safely use it but when I do the Fly button on controller goes right back to GPS fly. I don't think I have hit pause since tower freaked out a week ago :)

Understood. But try to keep it in perspective.. How many users you have seen with a problem and 1000s of Solos in the air. Most like you and I that have not had a glitch. It's kind of like deciding not to drive any more because you saw where someone had a wreck today. Is it possible you will have a wreck next time you are in a car? Absolutely! So do you stay home or enjoy life?
But hey, that's just me.
Guys, I have two Solo's and they both fly and land flawlessly. They have never danced and without a good wind the video is even fairly stable with the fixed mount. In my opinion, it's the best in class.

ok thanks I'm going to call 3Dr
Just confirmed on mine. While flying in manual mode, hit pause, then the fly button will put it back in normal mode.

This goes against what the manual states.....pause can only be used in GPS mode.
Maybe mine is made in the USA.....:D

Had 14 sats and 1.7 HDOP........once I got in the air. Only had 7 on the ground but I took off anyway then immediately got 13 sats then up to 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Just confirmed on mine. While flying in manual mode, hit pause, then the fly button will put it back in normal mode.

This goes against what the manual states.....pause can only be used in GPS mode.
Maybe mine is made in the USA.....:D

Had 14 sats and 1.7 HDOP........once I got in the air. Only had 7 on the ground but I took off anyway then immediately got 13 sats then up to 14.
I also have to hit the PAUSE button to return to fly mode from manual mode. Had a bad landing because I didn't realize that. It was my first gimbal flight too.

For me it's a timing thing. If I hit Fly it will go back to Fly if it can, but if I hold to long it wants to land. If you are close to ground and not in the right place that can be a bad thing.

If I hit pause, it also goes into Fly if it can, but it doesn't try to land if I hold it to long, so I have gotten used to that.

As has also been mentioned here, I highly recommend programming your A or B buttons to "fly manual" and after taking off in fly (Getting a GPS home location) practicing flying on manual. That way you can take control in an instant if some autonomous operation is the wrong thing, even if it is GPS.

Reactions: Jubalr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44