Strobon Cree strobe - anyone used one on a solo

Reaction score
Website
www.robertpower.com.au
I have a Strobon Cree strobe light that I would like to fit to my solo, has anyone used these? They are a stand alone unit with their own battery. I was thinking of attaching to the accessory bay with a piece of 3m velcro.

STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

I am just wondering if I should be worried about any interferance. I went with a stand alone unit to try and avoid any interference. My eyes are not what they used to be so hoping it will help

I have a Strobon Cree strobe light that I would like to fit to my solo, has anyone used these? They are a stand alone unit with their own battery. I was thinking of attaching to the accessory bay with a piece of 3m velcro.

STROBON Cree[emoji768] Standalone - Flytron

I am just wondering if I should be worried about any interferance. I went with a stand alone unit to try and avoid any interference. My eyes are not what they used to be so hoping it will help
Hello there.

I use the original version, and was thinking of upgrading to the Cree units.

I've done exactly what you're thinking off. I use a square of the hook velcro on the battery and another mid-way between the gimbal and the accessory bay.

I've wrapped the unit completly in the 'furry' velcro, cutting a small slot around the led. I used a razor beforehand to scrape off the fibres around the LED itself so it doesn't obstruct the light. Button works fine.

I use white on top and red below.

No interference of any sort and nothing showing on videos or stills, and haven't had an in-flight jettison so far!

They have been fine for me.

The Polar Pro lights are another option too if you're looking to help with orientation? They are pretty cheap now on Amazon. I use them too.

If you want to go for the gold plated solution though, search for Maddog's BriteLites....lots of very happy users.....they are simply......

brilliant ! [emoji3]
20180525_194453.jpg

Last edited:
Hey. I may have another solution. Look up Maddog’s Brite Lite System. It plugs right into Solo, it’s extremely light-weight and he designed it for orientation of Solo! At $90; you can’t beat it!!! Check out his video....

Hello there.

I use the original version, and was thinking of upgrading to the Cree units.

I've done exactly what you're thinking off. I use a square of the hook velcro on the battery and another mid-way between the gimbal and the accessory bay.

I've wrapped the unit completly in the 'furry' velcro, cutting a small slot around the led. I used a razor beforehand to scrape off the fibres around the LED itself so it doesn't obstruct the light. Button works fine.

I use white on top and red below.

No interference of any sort and nothing showing on videos or stills, and haven't had an in-flight jettison so far!

They have been fine for me.

The Polar Pro lights are another option too if you're looking to help with orientation? They are pretty cheap now on Amazon. I use them too.

If you want to go for the gold plated solution though, search for Maddog's BriteLites....lots of very happy users.....they are simply......

brilliant ! [emoji3]
View attachment 8790

Thanks for your reply DJMc, flew it yesterday with the strobe and it works great.

Hey. I may have another solution. Look up Maddog’s Brite Lite System. It plugs right into Solo, it’s extremely light-weight and he designed it for orientation of Solo! At $90; you can’t beat it!!! Check out his video....

Thanks USMC86, I looked at the brite lite system and it looks great but the cost of getting things to Aust and the exchange rate is getting out of control.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo