(Solved) Lands, spins down, spins up and flips over

Reaction score
I just got a used X8 and it seems to be in great shape, flies great and smooth. But every time it lands the motors turn off and as I start to go over and push the safety button it spins up again and tries to move with the legs on the ground which makes it flip over every time.

I have tried in both alt hold and pos hold modes landing manually. I have also used RTL and allowed it to land itself and it still does the same thing every time.

Mission planner is unable to find any logs to download which is another problem I need to address.

My most recent idea is to disable the Rangefinder but it is raining today so may be able to test it today. Just hoping someone with more experience will have advice that I have not been able to find by searching the internet.

So far nothing I have read has helped.

Yes I am. Except when I used RTL to land it. In all cases it does seem to disarm because the props spin down.

Maybe it's "Possessed" and that's why he sold it!!! : )

That's what I was thinking but I thought one of you would have other ideas. Hmmm lol

Are you flying while connected to Mission Planner? I'd recommend you try, since it provides some useful feedback and you will know if/when it is disarmed.

I had been connecting with Tower in case it flew away I might know where it went. I don't have a pc that can go with me.

Then suspected it was part of the problem so I tried a flight and landing without connecting the usb telemetry module to my phone. Results exactly the same.

Is there a parameter that would make it start a mission or RTL after landing?

Update:
I disabled the range finder and today I took it for a test flight and I had 100% successful landings with no problems. Motors shut down as expected.

So I now need to figure out how to correctly configure the range finder that I have yet to identify. It was set up as generic serial. Now it is disabled.

If anyone has experience with a sonar rangefinder, I could use advice.

Update again: I just noticed that the gimbal is installed in view of the range finder. Not completely blocking it but about 10% blocking the sonar sensor probably confusing the altitude.

Last edited:
Another update:
I believe that the camera is too close to the rangefinder causing it to have unreliable altitude data.

I'll need to move the rangefinder because moving the gimbal back makes the battery go further back out of balance and also puts more of the props and legs in possible view of the camera.

Thanks for discussing with me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea