Solo Smart Battery Logs

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Logs downloaded from Solo and or/ controller give details as to the battery used for flight (serial number) and number of times it may have been charged and discharged?

When I first got my Solo I should have kept a detailed log of my battery use. But I didn't so I'm wondering how I can piece together the information I am missing.

I have only had Solo for four weeks so have not flow much but have four batteries I'm trying to keep track of.

If anyone can shed any light as to what can be found in the Tlogs would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

No specific battery information in the logs as individual batteries are not serialized or any way identifiable from one another. Logs will only provide general current, amps & volts used during a flight.

Thanks for your reply Jublar.

How important is it to keep a battery log of each battery and its charges and discharges?
That is really more of a personal preference. I have been flying a long time and have never logged flights for battery use. I can notice when a battery is not performing as it should and stop using it. I have 4 batteries for the Solo and rotate all of them equally. However, many owners will keep a log and are very detailed about their logs and use.

I will start to keep a basic log then of when the batteries were first put into service and when I have charged and discharged them. More so that I am sure I keep rotating them equally not using one more than the others.

batteries only have a limited lifetime--not sure what it is for the Solo batteries yet!

personally, I have a piece of tape on the top of each battery and I mark it with a sharpie after each flight.

pretty basic, but way better than nothing.

Reactions: Burkeam
I have 4 Solo batteries, and I mark the date I got each one on the battery. I also make sure to inspect each battery to look for any problems like swelling, or cracks. They are too important to not check each flight.

All great input, inspection is key.
I log each flight in Excel with place, airframe, battery, flight time and events.
It's a very basic log, I have three Solo's with six batteries rotating in sequence.

I just bought a bunch of parts to include eight batteries from a filmmaker who splashed his two Solo's, so my rotation will be less.

It's would be great for record keeping too have a auto battery log. One could easily plot and find a failing batteries before a flight of loss.

I maintain my flight logs at DroneLogBook. This site allows uploading a APM log file (ans other types) to help automate and maintain your flight log, including your battery statistics. There's also a section to log battery charges. I have 5 batteries and have a complete log of all battery usage (starting/ending volts and amps) and a record of when and home many charges they've had.

Here's a few screen shots of my battery logs:

Battery inventory log:
Battery_1.png
Battery charge log:
Battery_Charges.png
Individual battery log:
Battery_Log.png

I just label each battery with a number, the date it was purchased, and use them in order every time so they all get equal wear.

I maintain my flight logs at DroneLogBook. This site allows uploading a APM log file (ans other types) to help automate and maintain your flight log, including your battery statistics. There's also a section to log battery charges. I have 5 batteries and have a complete log of all battery usage (starting/ending volts and amps) and a record of when and home many charges they've had.

Here's a few screen shots of my battery logs:

Battery inventory log:
View attachment 2183
Battery charge log:
View attachment 2182
Individual battery log:
View attachment 2181
You on the free version? If you upgrade can you export data that was acquired with the free version. Look nice- will investigate

You on the free version? If you upgrade can you export data that was acquired with the free version. Look nice- will investigate
Yes, I'm on the free version. Until recently, everything was free while in Beta. They just recently added the paid plans, but still free for "hobbiest" use.

I greatly like this flight logging. I went back and obtained every data log file from the Solo and have a record of all my flying from Day 1. I've gotten into the routine of getting the dataflash logs after every flight and uploading to DroneFlightLog.

Yes, I'm on the free version. Until recently, everything was free while in Beta. They just recently added the paid plans, but still free for "hobbiest" use.

I greatly like this flight logging. I went back and obtained every data log file from the Solo and have a record of all my flying from Day 1. I've gotten into the routine of getting the dataflash logs after every flight and uploading to DroneFlightLog.
thanks for the feedback

RPAS logger has a place to record battery info, but you need to enter it manually. I downloaded it but haven't used it yet.
RPAS Logger - Drone Logbook / Remote Pilot Logbook / RPAS Logger
I would steer away from the first one mentioned, and recommend absolutely anything else.
I cannot recommend anything that came from that company (Australian based) I have had very VERY bad service from them, and an expensive lesson learned along the way. I wouldnt even use their (supposedly) free stuff.

I would steer away from the first one mentioned, and recommend absolutely anything else.
I cannot recommend anything that came from that company (Australian based) I have had very VERY bad service from them, and an expensive lesson learned along the way. I wouldnt even use their (supposedly) free stuff.
Thanks Roland- I'll look into the other one.

Agreed. Bad experience with RPAS myself (and our company).
As a result, I keep an Excel log (really a GoogleSheet Log) that includes battery cycles for all four batts, and hyperlinks to the video files resultant from the flights. I also keep loose notes on each flight for keyword searching, hours of flight time, etc.

Reactions: Marty Westguard
This discussion reminds me of a set from comedian Ron White. He talks about being on a plane when the captain announces trouble. The guy next to him (Ron White) asks, "Do you think we will make it!?" Ron White replies, "Sure, all the way to the crash site!" LOL.

Same here. All a log will do for you is, to tell your how many flights the battery had before it suddenly died on you, ha ha. [emoji12]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M