Solo Simulator

Some people here didn't care about the GREAT updates from 3DR for Solo "Smoother flight, Multi point CC , they complained no Simulator!!! So it's here, been here for a while what i a see.
Can't see how it's better then the real thing " Learning wise"

I've run into the sails on the moving sailboat while attempting to land on the blue bimini....so, no high priced repair bill for the crashes.
Good tool for teaching a new user the Solo controller. Otherwise, RealFlight Drone is a much better sim for learning quadcopter flying skills.

No smart shots kinda sucks but good first attempt I guess. Wouldn't a flight simulator allow you to program a flight and simulate the flight before an actual flight.

No smart shots kinda sucks but good first attempt I guess. Wouldn't a flight simulator allow you to program a flight and simulate the flight before an actual flight.
Yes...it certainly would. That is what I really would like for my biz....but in the meantime, I will try getting the SITL running for Mission Planner to train those skills.

I hate the simulator. HATE IT!!! Damn you 3DR!!! My phone battery is always dead because my son now flies "his" virtual Solo for hours at a time! :D

I suppose smart shots would be nice, but for a simple way to get used to controlling a quad, the simulator is great. I had been teaching my son (6 years old) to fly my little 250, and it's pretty difficult for him to wrap his head around the orientations. I set up an "oh s%*t" switch on the transmitter to put it into break mode, but it's still tough. With the simulator, he can just play around, crash as much as he likes, and he's getting the hang of it pretty quick.

I really hope 3DR pulls through it's recent troubles, because they really stand out among the competition.

Wonders Never Cease: my old iPad-2 was able to load the Solo Sim (can't run the Solo app)...so now I have a good tool I can plug into my projector to conduct demos & training...score another one for 3DR.

I don't have a solo...yet... Are there any i pad app simulators you can recommend that will will give me a heard start on flying them?
Thanks

Yes - search for "3DR" in the App store and you'll see the Solo App. The Solo App uses the Solo drone transmitter tho as its controller.
There are others, namely the real Flight mobile flight simm that works well even on old iPads like mine and you do not need to have the transmitter from a Solo to use it.
I also have Real Flight Drone on a Windows 7 pro laptop hooked to a largish flat screen...also a great training aid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986