solo simulator with acro mode ?

Reaction score
Hi,
i´m a new owner of a Solo and as i read the warnings about the acro mode i decided to give it a try in the android solo flight simulator.
But the only mode in simulator is the normal Fly mode....

is there any simulator i can use with the Solo Controller that is able to simulate acro crashing a bunch of times ?

Best to do it live!
Find a open area "150x150" ft.
Low or no wind or gust!
Then you can try out all 4 "I think" modes that are available.

Have fun & extra batteries

Last edited:
While the simulator is good for basic flying, I've never found sims a good replacement for the real thing. That said, if you've never flown Acro or other advanced modes before, I wouldn't recommend it with the Solo. Manual is one thing, Acro/Rate is quite another. In that mode (it's called Rate on most other flight controllers, Acro on APM based controllers), the flight controller won't auto level itself. If you tip it 90 degrees forward and release the stick - it'll just stay at 90 degrees. You have to manually level it by pulling the stick back past the center. It's the flight mode you'd use if you want to do flips and rolls.

If you wanted to learn those modes, you'd be far better off buying or building a little 250 class quad which will be much cheaper to repair if/when you crash.

Acro is hot and the bird can get away from you real quick. Do not use the gimbal. I would not recommend if you are a new comer to flying unless buying another one is no big deal. If you flown acro bird or RC heli, give it a try. The Solo is definitely more robust then any helo. I tried to build a snake farm with mine. It knocked two props off, the battery and gopro mount. Nothing broke. Put everything back on and it works great.I will be going over the motors.

Reactions: prowler9
Was Solo on the ground, or in the air when you did that? :eek: ;)
Lol. She was airborne. It was an unintentional move of course. But the way it happened it looked like I meant to do it. I was flyn in Stablize mode just doing fast maneuvers. I do this with my 2nd Solo w/out gimbal or GP of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44