Solo rover

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am going to attempt to put tracks on solo so it can be a rover and copter. I'm looking to start a discussion on the best way to do this. I was looking at putting another pixhawk in with APM rover on it. I don't think putting tracks on will be a huge challenge. I can get most plastic designs built quickly locally.

Hi All,

I am going to attempt to put tracks on solo so it can be a rover and copter. I'm looking to start a discussion on the best way to do this. I was looking at putting another pixhawk in with APM rover on it. I don't think putting tracks on will be a huge challenge. I can get most plastic designs built quickly locally.
Cool idea!! Be careful of weight.
I have no idea what runs this, but just in case you haven't seen it, I thought I would share it. It may give you some ideas..

Meet the flying TANK drone that has caterpillar tracks and propellers

I was looking at putting another pixhawk in with APM rover on it.

To keep the weight down, you might be able to use this: PixFalcon Micro PX4 - Flight Controller by HolyBro

It's basically a Pixhawk in a standard 35x35mm size. I bought one and am in the process of rebuilding a little 250 quad around it. You loose a few ports when compared to a full Pixhawk, but that probably wouldn't effect your application.

I think that's a good idea. It would be nice to tie it into the same GPS systems as the solo so it would use the same GPS and wifi but I almost think they will have to be separate systems with different controllers. It would be nice if you could have rover and copter on the same board but I don't think it's possible. Figuring out how to setup the electronics will be the hard part.

Can't wait to see what you come up with, these type of projects are a big part of why I chose solo. There's so many possibilities and with Diy and building being such a huge part of multis anyway, soon wel see tons of different builds and options based around solo rather than people having to start each idea from scratch.

Thanks and keep us posted how it's going.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44