SOLO Flight using TOWER Video

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pretty cool!

Reactions: DodgeP
So, curious to know. If it's automatic then out of radio range it will RTH. Is Mission planner autonomous?

So automatic is setting way points and specific instructions that are then followed. Autonomous relies on programming behaviours that a craft can rely on to solve problems. So automatic could be setting up solo to do an orbit of a tower by setting a way point then orbit command at set altitude. Autonomous would be telling it to survey the tower and it choosing the best way to do so.

Actually, I think 3DRs terminology is in fact autonomous. Will have to look to verify that but I think that's the case.
I would have to agree. With auto take off and landing wouldn't that make it autonomous?

Rth could be argued as autonomous behaviour but it's still dumb autonomous as it won't account for any obstacles or new variables apart from following a hard wired instruction set of fly pack to coordinates and land.

Auto taken off is following instructions still. Autonomous is all about the item choosing how to achieve a desired objective rather than being told how to achieve it. Very few things that are advertised as autonomous are actually autonomous it's just a buzz word

Reactions: rrmccabe
Well not going to argue 3DRs definition however if you look at the documentation it does use the term autonomous throughout.

Very few things that are advertised as autonomous are actually autonomous it's just a buzz word

Probably true ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado