Solo controller WiFi was on even with controller turned off

Reaction score
This was strange. I have not been able to duplicate it.

I had a nice Solo flight tonight. I was at a local RC club's flying field, demoing the Solo while testing some features myself.

I flew a full battery (down to 25% or so), increased the altitude limit to 387 feet and flew to the limit. I confirmed that the Solo just hit the altitude limit and would not fly higher (as stated in the manual) and it did not do a RTH when reaching the altitude limit.

I played with Orbit, Cable Cam, Folllow me, Selfi.

I also proved that when flying in "Fly Manual" mode, I can stop the props by just holding the throttle all they way down after landing. But when flying in Stabilize, holding the throttle down would not stop the props after landing.

Here is the strange thing, after my flight, I shut off the controller, shut off the Solo, shut off my GoPro and boxed everything up. I then was talking to some people for about 10 minutes.

Just before I went to leave, I decided to do a quick WiFi survey to see if there were any local strong WiFi signals in the area (there were only a few weak ones), but then I noticed that my SoloLink_xxxx WiFi signal was still on the air!!

I opened the Solo's box and checked, everything was still off! Yes I double checked everything!

I then powered on my controller, and then powered it off again. This time the SoloLink WiFi was not on the air, but I didn't wait 10 or more minutes to see if it would come on again as I needed to drive home and couldn't be watching my cell phone.

I'll have to try to test this again to see if I can duplicate it again. It sure was strange to see my SoloLink WiFi signal on the air with everything powered off.

I don't think this will be easy to find for most people, because unless you're watching for WiFi access points some time after the Solo is powered off, you may never notice it.

No way to know for sure without seeing it with my own eyes. but I would bet that what you are seeing is cacheing remnants in the application you are using. If you actually tried to connect to it, it wouldn't actually be there.

This app doesn't really have any cache to speak of. It's very 'real time'. If I turn off an access point, or turn on one, it reacts quickly.

It also gives you a real time signal strength meter, you can walk around or move antennas to look for improvements.

I'm very sure the signal was there! I haven't tried to duplicate it yet, as I don't remember how long I was chatting before getting in my car and finding the signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig