Solo Backpack FIRST LOOK and Packing Up Video....

Thanks for the review and first look. What do you think of the durability for travel? Will it handle the abuse of carry-on flights, fast paced security checks, buses, trains, and all that fun stuff that comes with traveling?

Thanks for the review. Im kind of glad I didn't purchase the backpack.
I just picked up a Pelican case and pick'n'pluked my own shape. LOL. I didn't really want the hard foam anyways. Personal preference I guess. Did I save a few bucks sure, but i lost it in time fitting it all in a Pelican 1550.

And this case also doubles as a launch pad if the grass is too long. Just sharing my setup thats all.

Cheers! :)
IMG_1.jpg IMG_2.jpg IMG_3.jpg IMG_4.jpg

Last edited:
I also have a 1550 although it's a bigger footprint and a little bulky. Plus the pick n pluck foam is just a pain in the butt and hiking with it for more than a half mile will be brutal. I think as my accessories increase I may have to eventually spring for the bag. I'm headed to the alps on December and am not sure which would serve my needs better.

Reactions: CanadianSolo
its awesome feeling and rugged appearing.

Thanks for the support... more videos uploading!!!

I definitely like my backpack for solo protection and schleping it around but I wish it was a little more versatile for carrying things other than just the solo. I've gotten creative and strapped my snowboard to it using a truck tie down, and when I hike in to go fishing, I have carabiners hanging off with my gear. I still don't know what I'm going to do when I try to bring it backpacking this summer. Guess I might have to figure out a way to strap it to my dog. I would have loved to see some outside straps to secure various items, a waterbottle holder, and maybe an extra external pocket for a jacket and other various day hike essentials.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado