Solo and Solex won't find Tablet GPS

Reaction score
I have a cheap insignia flex tablet. It seems to work ok, but is obviously not the best, so please don't tell me to upgrade. I will when finances allow.

Anyhow, I can do return to home, and show up on the map in the apps.

When I switch to follow me mode and it just sits there and says it's waiting for the mobile GPS. I have gps status app on the tablet and it shows that I'm getting sats?

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I guess I should have tried my phone, but it was in the car and never crossed my mind. I'm sure it will work if I ever decide I need to use follow me.

I'm just curious to know if anyone else has encountered it.

I have the same issue with my Moto G Play phone: when I initiate a Follow me session, I get "waiting on mobile device GPS" message displayed (and voiced) on the phone with a gonging sound while Solo hovers. After many seconds or some minutes, the warning stops and Solo lunges to catch up to me, but then another warning, gonging, and hovering episode occurs. Somehow the GPS data from the phone is not being received by Solo in a smooth, continuous flow but instead only intermittently. I wonder if the processor in my phone (or RAM memory size, who knows?) is simply not powerful enough to perform its role as the lead device. If I had a second phone or a tablet, I would try it out to see if it really was the phone that was limiting Solo's performance,

If it matters to anyone, I have the Samsung Tab A 8", and it acts just like John's. I'm using Solex, and the GPS data seems to update about every 7-10 seconds. During 'Follow Me', the Solo will sit in one spot for about 7-10 seconds, then lurch to the next spot over and over. I guess this must be an Android tablet GPS issue? I have seen a Solo following an iPhone and it was incredible how fast it reacted.

If it matters to anyone, I have the Samsung Tab A 8", and it acts just like John's. I'm using Solex, and the GPS data seems to update about every 7-10 seconds. During 'Follow Me', the Solo will sit in one spot for about 7-10 seconds, then lurch to the next spot over and over. I guess this must be an Android tablet GPS issue? I have seen a Solo following an iPhone and it was incredible how fast it reacted.

Did you gents ever get anywhere with this? I'm about to fly my solo into a wall at this point do to frustration with this exact issue. Follow me worked just fine with my Samsung galaxy s8 before 3dr pushed the 2.4.2 update to the solo. I've tried multiple Android phones (s4, s5 mini, S8, tabA) as well as multiple apps (stock solo, tower, Solex)..... All with the same results. Just like you said above tho, follow me mode with an iPhone works just fine!

Did you gents ever get anywhere with this? I'm about to fly my solo into a wall at this point do to frustration with this exact issue. Follow me worked just fine with my Samsung galaxy s8 before 3dr pushed the 2.4.2 update to the solo. I've tried multiple Android phones (s4, s5 mini, S8, tabA) as well as multiple apps (stock solo, tower, Solex)..... All with the same results. Just like you said above tho, follow me mode with an iPhone works just fine!
Same here. I tried an Asus zen tablet and my Android phone today. Neither will make follow me work and no error messages. Optical follow works. Just not by GPS and high accuracy is enabled on both. I'm wondering if enabling the developer options has anything to do with it. I'm not sure if I had those enabled on either device when follow me was working.

Same here. I tried an Asus zen tablet and my Android phone today. Neither will make follow me work and no error messages. Optical follow works. Just not by GPS and high accuracy is enabled on both. I'm wondering if enabling the developer options has anything to do with it. I'm not sure if I had those enabled on either device when follow me was working.
If you test with the developer options do let me know what you find!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc