Solo along on California Camping Trip

Reaction score
Website
www.christiannommesen.wordpress.com
Ten days, over 1400 miles of driving, two National Parks, three State Parks, visits with friends and relatives, and all of Highway 1 through Big Sur in less than 2 minutes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solo behavior after crash:

Last edited:
Ten days, over 1400 miles of driving, two National Parks, three State Parks, visits with friends and relatives, and all of Highway 1 through Big Sur in less than 2 minutes.

Solo behavior after crash:

You're supposed to hold the power button down until the Solo beeps to signal power up.

Just pressing the power button and letting go before it beeps only gives you a battery reading on how much charge it has.

You're supposed to hold the power button down until the Solo beeps to signal power up.

Just pressing the power button and letting go before it beeps only gives you a battery reading on how much charge it has.

Even pressing it down for a long time got the same result. I showed the video and logs to 3DR and they replied:

"Thank you for contacting Technical Support.

Oh man that's really bad, don't worry we have a conclusion for your case.
I checked your logs and found the following issue.

I detected a crash at 15:05:37, I can see moments before (about 3 seconds), that the GPS starts to loose satellites, this caused it to loose Horizontal position.
Based on the geographical area that you were flying it appears t be caused by the trees surrounding your Solo that were "casting a shadow" over your vehicle making it loose position or degrade the satellite signals that your Solo was receiving.

Based on the video and on the log analysis we think an RMA is better now.
The reason is that the battery powers up the Solo before turning off, this is because of the current detector inside the smart battery.

You can either, return Solo to BestBuy or we can issue an RMA, please let me know which way to go :)

Also, the best practice for Solo right now is to stay away from trees or similar tall structures or avoid flying under trees, otherwise GPS satellite may degrade and cause an error in the position of Solo.
The best thing to to when loosing satellite connection to Solo would be to press the Pause button or try using a manual mode such as Stabilize or Fly:Manual so that you don't rely on GPS navigation."

he held it long enough. you don't have to hold till it beeps. You know he powered it on by the fact that the LEDs all came on then all went off in a Knight Rider kind of pattern then they lit up again to the battery level. If he had not held it long enough he would have just got the battery level and that is it.

Even pressing it down for a long time got the same result. I showed the video and logs to 3DR and they replied:

"Thank you for contacting Technical Support.

Oh man that's really bad, don't worry we have a conclusion for your case.
I checked your logs and found the following issue.

I detected a crash at 15:05:37, I can see moments before (about 3 seconds), that the GPS starts to loose satellites, this caused it to loose Horizontal position.
Based on the geographical area that you were flying it appears t be caused by the trees surrounding your Solo that were "casting a shadow" over your vehicle making it loose position or degrade the satellite signals that your Solo was receiving.

Based on the video and on the log analysis we think an RMA is better now.
The reason is that the battery powers up the Solo before turning off, this is because of the current detector inside the smart battery.

You can either, return Solo to BestBuy or we can issue an RMA, please let me know which way to go :)

Also, the best practice for Solo right now is to stay away from trees or similar tall structures or avoid flying under trees, otherwise GPS satellite may degrade and cause an error in the position of Solo.
The best thing to to when loosing satellite connection to Solo would be to press the Pause button or try using a manual mode such as Stabilize or Fly:Manual so that you don't rely on GPS navigation."

Were you running the new firmware or the old firmware?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M