Solex is only showing two of my 4 motors for testing

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have been a long time lurker, i absolutely love my solo. I have been flying for about 6 months and i recently upgraded to the here gps by jester after my first and only crash. Due to the crash i have recently changed out all 4 motorpods as well. It was my fault, i was flying over the sabinal river below the cypress trees getting in real close and I lost gps and the darn thing shot over into a tree before i could stop it. I knew the risk, but man, the footage was worth it! No guts no glory right? Anyway, to the point, i was attempting to use solex to test my new motors and i unfortunately only see 2 motors that i can test instead of all 4. I have attempted to reinstall solex, shut down the bird over and over but nothing seems to allow me to test my other two motors. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you!

Try swapping around the motors to isolate if it is a motor pod issue or something else. It's possible the motor control wires could be damaged or either end's connectors.

Thank you for your response. I will try mission planner but I need to research how to do it first. All of the motors do function... It does fly. I just noticed that when checking the 2 that solex allows me to, one sounds very different almost like a chattering compared to the other motor so I am definitely interested in checking the other 2. I need to hear them one by one... I may need to again replace that single motor

one sounds very different almost like a chattering compared to the other motor so I am definitely interested in checking the other 2
Rather than replace the motors for the chattering, consider replacing the bearings....which is likely the noise.

Where are you located in the world?

I am located in Friendswood Texas sir
Mission Planner should allow you to spool up the motors individually. The chatter is likely bearings and is an easy fix, AvidRC ships bearings locally. Did the original motor pods get dunked when you crashed? Should be salvageable, so don't toss them out.

Reactions: Selivus and XevetS
Thank you for the information. Yes, they did unfortunately hit the water briefly. I was very close and was able to pull it out within 10 seconds. I disassembled the bird and dried it with a hairdryer no heat, then let it sit for 5 days. Surprisingly the only things I lost were the motor pods. I popped multiple mosfets but I am planning to attempt to solder on some new ones and hopefully be able to keep that set for back ups after testing them. I bought 4 new pods on ebay (well the seller claims they were new) and one of them is chattering very badly. I am attempting to contact him to see if he will replace this one pod, but if not I am going to attempt to replace the bearings as you have said. Thank you so much for your assistance!

Reactions: RichWest
I'd be interested if you are able to replace the mosfets and have success. I don't recall anyone having done it and reply with a follow-up later.

I will definitely follow up with you. I need to source them, I just haven't looked. I believe I can do it. The esc's have 6 mosfets each. On 3 pods the same mosfet burnt. You can visibly see where it burnt through. On the fourth pod it became so hot that positive from the motor to the board desoldered itself and 2 mosfets burnt out. I am definitely interested in attempting this. These pods are going to get harder to come by eventually and it may be a cheap fix for those that are willing to do it.

There is a video ID'ing all the smt parts on the ESC, Groom Lake something on YT. There is rumor of an aftermarket ESC will be available, but I am not holding my breath. If anything, the motor pod frame would be of value for that purpose.

Keep us posted, whenever you've done the deed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig