Signal booster

Reaction score
I know this is made for dji but seeing as it operates on a 2.4ghz frequency would this work for solo ? As solo uses a 2.4ghz frequency also .. I’m sure if it would work it with solo it wouldn’t take much to make a mount for it

I was looking for a booster kit but since the demise of 3DR in the consumer realm the booster kits are hard to find especially living in Australia and most US vendors won’t post to Australia !

Check it out and give me your thoughts

ALIENTECH Antenna 2.4G Signal Booster for DJI Spark&Mavic pro&Phantom 3A/3P&Phantom4/4A/4P&Inspire 1/2&M200/M600 By ALIENTECH PLUS

Yes works fine a member posted something about this on Facebook and said gets good results

i used a hawking hsb2 signal booster with an antenna that is 20 inches tall ,it hookes straight to your antenna connection on your controller with a coax to the input and a longer coax to the antenna which is mounted to a tripod .it runs on its own 12 volt battery.you have to be creative to set it up with the cables depending if you want to carry the booster with you or hang it on the tripod .you pick up 500 mw with it and a range of up to 5 to 6 miles line of sight .i used these on wifi setups i use to do when i was in to wireless networking .a link sys router of an older age will do the same if you change it to wart firm ware .this is half the price of the system you are looking at battery and all

Reactions: jogi
i used a hawking hsb2 signal booster with an antenna that is 20 inches tall ,it hookes straight to your antenna connection on your controller with a coax to the input and a longer coax to the antenna which is mounted to a tripod .it runs on its own 12 volt battery.you have to be creative to set it up with the cables depending if you want to carry the booster with you or hang it on the tripod .you pick up 500 mw with it and a range of up to 5 to 6 miles line of sight .i used these on wifi setups i use to do when i was in to wireless networking .a link sys router of an older age will do the same if you change it to wart firm ware .this is half the price of the system you are looking at battery and all

Dude! That's sick... I want to do that. Can you help me do that? I want to be able to have a ground station and send that little Solo out deep!

I am talented, but would definitely need a little bit of direction to get this accomplished.

Reactions: jogi
Dude! That's sick... I want to do that. Can you help me do that? I want to be able to have a ground station and send that little Solo out deep!

I am talented, but would definitely need a little bit of direction to get this accomplished.
e-mail me at [email protected] and i will send you some pics of the equipment ,it is a n easy plug and play because the equipment doesnt know what it is transmitting and doesnt care so set up is easy

So it would seem that anything that would give you further than a 3 mile range would be of no use. Now I did see a youtube video of a guy who flew his drone on a one way mission from the top of a mountain down to his patio below. So I guess there are applications for it.

Will you have enough battery to make a 10 or 12 mile round trip?
no but there are times when the extra signal helps when you get behind a few trees especially around short needled pines which will kill a signal or make it weak or if you should get behind a building it will bounce around and give the drone signal enough to let you recover with out rth.i am applying what i learned and used in the wireless communications before i retired .5 gig is the way to go but i dont know if it would work with a drone .we have taken a linksys router and carried signal over 10 miles and run data over it,the sky is the limit with line of signal to the drone but it wont get back to you with a picture or osd unless you want to boost its power as well ,then we run into battery issues .

Reactions: Stephen jennings
Will you have enough battery to make a 10 or 12 mile round trip?
get real it is line of sight and you cant carry that much battery weight it cost flight time too,but 5 miles round trip thru some back woods or open desert i where i am at it runs ok with out any changes to the drone . i tried it an i like it for the cost and it does the same thing as what you would spend more on from some where else like dji

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig