Seconds sweep roller issue.

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
My roller is not changing the seconds on the sweep. Reading 19076 and then some kind of led grid( looks like the screen is showing something that is not supposed to be there) hard to get a pic of it. The buttons function at least to set new presets. The gimbal functions. Full GoPro. Etc.

Just got a new gimbal and have had no issues. Looks like the controller is the problem. Is there a way to recalibrate that roller?

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
Try a factory reset of the controller first. It appears you're somehow getting raw data displayed from the encoder.

How do you reset the controller only. I have only found instructions for a reset with the bird and controller.

Start with the controller powered off.

1. Press and hold Power and FLY until the controller turns on. It will begin the update process
2. You will see an green check mark when the process completes and be prompted to press A.
3. Perform the preflight update as requested.
4. Re-pair with Solo.

That should do it...

I had same issue,it needs a re calibration.
to reset the gimbal sweep presets. you'll need to ssh into the controller.
follow the instructions for the stick calibration, but instead of running RunStickCal.sh, execute the following command:
sololink_config --set-ui-sweep 0 90

read this to understand the stick cal...

Attachments

• 3DR SOLO CONTROLLER STICK CALIBRATION.pdf
    328.3 KB · Views: 22
well howd it go??? just curious if you were able to fix the problem??

Honestly life took priority, its a rainy afternoon and the chores are all caught up, should get to it tonight.

OK so I got through the pre-fight. But when trying to reconnect to the app over the new Wi-Fi source it won't pair with in the app. I've tried reinstalling,turning on and off and forgetting the network but I still can't get them to the pair so I can finish the update to see if the gimbal fix has worked.
Even tried pairing in the official 3DR step-by-step process. No luck.

The solos are killing me.

The only information I saw that fix this particular issue was waiting a few hours and trying again So I've made a drink and will try again in an hr. Unless I'm missing something.

Still not getting the app to validate the connection.

Shows wifi connected. But the green icons in the top left of app are still grey.

The pairing finally took to the app after several tries :factory reset, deleting the app, and pairing the controller. I guess it needed a few tries to get it all to work. More than 4 tries...annoying

And the preset for the roller sweep ........ (grizwald drum roll)

Is now stuck with the amazing range of 3seconds of toggle.
3sec to 6.

-$49.95

Off to the accumulating pile of solo parts with this one.

Also lost gps the other day camping on my second flight , the second day camping, and I lost a bit of confidence not having full controller function to keep using it. It was right above the home location at the back of a cove, at the base of a decent mtn face, so I'll give it a pass. But like the gimbal, I only got a year of use and if the controller is untrustworthy it will be replaced.

Thank god they have come down in price.

Here is what I got camping before the roller sweep fail and gps scare.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

fwiw, I had an issue with the scroll wheel, the controller was giving an error. I took the controller apart and blew out the control wheel module...it solved my issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44