Second time it flipped itself with RTH

Reaction score
Landed my drone yesterday (same problem as previous posts) with RTH feature. It was going to land on the curb, so I moved it back manually and touched down. Solo thought "This isn't where I was supposed to land" and it tried taking off again. I held the stick down and the drone flipped on its top and thrashed my propellers.
I am so done with this thing. I was on a solid surface...nothing got caught.

Landed my drone yesterday (same problem as previous posts) with RTH feature. It was going to land on the curb, so I moved it back manually and touched down. Solo thought "This isn't where I was supposed to land" and it tried taking off again. I held the stick down and the drone flipped on its top and thrashed my propellers.

I have had a similar thing when landing but I never worked out what caused it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learn to fly in manual mode, then takeoff and land in manual and it will not happen again. People can say 'yeah, but it shouldn't do that!' all they want and they would be correct. But you are still relying on a lot of electronics to perform the most critical parts of anything that flies, the takeoff and landing. Just my opinion and you are free to buy all the props you want. But I haven't broken one yet in 15 months of owning Solo. YMMV..

Learn to fly in manual mode, then takeoff and land in manual and it will not happen again. People can say 'yeah, but it shouldn't do that!' all they want and they would be correct. But you are still relying on a lot of electronics to perform the most critical parts of anything that flies, the takeoff and landing. Just my opinion and you are free to buy all the props you want. But I haven't broken one yet in 15 months of owning Solo. YMMV..

Worth considering and trying. Do you still get gps lock then?

Worth considering and trying. Do you still get gps lock then?

Yes, flying in manual or any other mode has no effect on GPS failsafes and locks. All you are doing is waiting for the normal ready to fly state. Then hit you A or B that is Manual and take off. Then you can go to Fly mode or smart shots as needed. When you are ready to land, do it as you do now but when it gets within a few feet of the ground, switch to manual mode and ease it down. When it touches down hold the left stick down and to the left, the motors will stop. Watch this for an overview of manual...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks