RTH during missions

Reaction score
Has anyone had RTH being activated during a mission even if you have good connection. I have had 3 or more bars showing and had the RTH activate, I can quickly press fly and then activate AUTO mode and have Solo continue in the mission, again it will fly a waypoint or two and RTH will activate. One of the problems with continuing the mission is the ROI is lost during the RTH portion. I notice that this happens more often when I have more that 4 or 5 waypoints in the mission. If I choose LOITER mode I can fly without any problems. At the moment I have AFLA antennas and they did a great job extending the range, during these mission I am very conscious of antenna orientation having RTH activate while carefully aiming the antenna at Solo. On a side note all the built in modes I use: Orbit, Cable Cam, Selfie, all have great range.

I've had it happen, I reached out to 3dr about it and they told me "After analyzing the log you sent, the first Return Home was triggered by a disconnection due to the distance between the Solo and controller. As for the next disconnections you experienced at a shorter distance, they could have been caused by an environmental issue. The WiFi signals are the first thing you should take into account when having a decreased range.
Did you receive any message on your Controller or anything warning you about the Return Home?
Where there any other drone in the air while you were flying?
Was there any obstacle between the Solo and controller?
Please follow the recommendations in the next link:
Range | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology"

@Anttler, I no offense intended, but if be willing to bet you haven't been as good about antenna orientation as you think. If your going to use directionals for range, you really do need to keep them aimed at the Solo the whole time.

Anyway, set the FS_GCS_ENABLE parameter to 2. That will tell it to continue auto missions even when it loses connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks