Request SOLO Android Pano instructions

Reaction score
does anyone know a good instruction / video for the new Android Pano...I fooled around with it but nothing seems to be a result of it...thanks James

Reactions: prowler9
Disclaimer: I haven't run Pano myself. I don't actually fly Solo, I work on it and modify it. :D

...but when Forum Users ask for help, it always helps the knowledgeable folks here if you tell them, at minimum, the following info EXACTLY:
  • what device you are using,
  • what Solo App version,
  • what 3DR Services version,
  • what Firmware you are using on the controller and Solo.
...then lay out your symptoms EXACTLY - from beginning to end of your procedures - so that the doctors here can help you without begging for information one post at a time.

Pano did have issues with certain SW/FW versions that were installed with certain App versions!

ETA: As a matter of fact, these cries for help probably should have been posted over in Help.

Disclaimer: I haven't run Pano myself. I don't actually fly Solo, I work on it and modify it. :D

...but when Forum Users ask for help, it always helps the knowledgeable folks here if you tell them, at minimum, the following info EXACTLY:
  • what device you are using,
  • what Solo App version,
  • what 3DR Services version,
  • what Firmware you are using on the controller and Solo.
...then lay out your symptoms EXACTLY - from beginning to end of your procedures - so that the doctors here can help you without begging for information one post at a time.

Pano did have issues with certain SW/FW versions that were installed with certain App versions!

ETA: As a matter of fact, these cries for help probably should have been posted over in Help.
Wow...thanks for your reply...I'll note the questions to answer in the future...simple me thinks saying just an Android device suffices...I'll look where to find last 2 requests i.e. what 3dr Services version and f/w on solo and controller...but any guidance on how to use Pano on standard android on Samsung E pad? Thanks again...

Wow...thanks for your reply...I'll note the questions to answer in the future...simple me thinks saying just an Android device suffices...I'll look where to find last 2 requests i.e. what 3dr Services version and f/w on solo and controller...but any guidance on how to use Pano on standard android on Samsung E pad? Thanks again...
Just open 3dr Services and look at the bottom of the screen. Version right there.
For controller and Solo (and more) FW versions, open Solo App, click on settings, click on System Info
Not only does it matter if it is an Android or not, and what model, but the OS version often matters as well. 6.0.1 Marshmallow is the latest.

If you see Pano in your Smart Shots within your Solo App, you are running a beta version. That info is at the very top line under System Info. We need all of that info because various combinations of Androids, Android OSs, Solo App version, 3dr Services version, FW versions, simply do not work - at least correctly.

If you aren't prepared for a lot of troubleshooting and heartache, it's probably best not to fly betaware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc