Recording with gimbal

JLJ

Reaction score
Guys, I know it has been discussed before but I am still not 100% clear.

When the gimbal is installed in Solo, I will be able to control the gopro camera from the app and I will be able to record the live video from the gopro and into an Android device?

I have seen the record buttom in the IOS app but there is no buttom in the Android so I am not sure if galaxy Tab S will record live video fit in its sd card or it will only be possible in IOS even with the gimbal?

Thank You

The Android recording is another matter, that'll be an Android app development. But yes you'll be able to control the camera, stop start recording, change recording setting etc from the app with the gimbal installed.

Ian, thank you for the reply. So on Android devices you will start, stop, change recording settings, etc. but you can't record directly into your Tablet? uhmmmm how strupid is this? why IOS devices are able to record into Tablet and Android does not? Can't understand.

The Android recording is another matter, that'll be an Android app development. But yes you'll be able to control the camera, stop start recording, change recording setting etc from the app with the gimbal installed.

Reactions: prowler9
Ian, thank you for the reply. So on Android devices you will start, stop, change recording settings, etc. but you can't record directly into your Tablet? uhmmmm how strupid is this? why IOS devices are able to record into Tablet and Android does not? Can't understand.

Well first of all keep in mind whether iOS or Android what is being recorded to device is not high quality video its just a low resolution copy of basically your feed. Its only 720 so does not have significant value.

And finally, yes the Solo app should give you GoPro control once Gimbal is installed. It will be connected to your Hero Port which gives 3DR control capability.

Keep in mind the camera roll function is probably easier to do on the iOS as Apple does not have 100 hardware variations to deal with. I am told programming for Android can be a challenge although you usually have more capabilities.

I am not sure as I am an Android guy but I think that some of the camera roll functionality might be built into the iPhone/iPad app already.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr and Del
THank You Rich.

about your last paragraph, I was going to ask about that, I have the Android App and I am not sure I have seen any camera, function, etc. info on the App so, is it built in already or maybe once they reléase the gimbal the will release an updated App or firmware with built in camera functions?

Well first of all keep in mind whether iOS or Android what is being recorded to device is not high quality video its just a low resolution copy of basically your feed. Its only 720 so does not have significant value.

And finally, yes the Solo app should give you GoPro control once Gimbal is installed. It will be connected to your Hero Port which gives 3DR control capability.

Keep in mind the camera roll function is probably easier to do on the iOS as Apple does not have 100 hardware variations to deal with. I am told programming for Android can be a challenge although you usually have more capabilities.

I am not sure as I am an Android guy but I think that some of the camera roll functionality might be built into the iPhone/iPad app already.

Thats right. It wont show up until the gimbal is available. Either by the app seeing a gimbal attached or by a new app. You wont find anything there now.

You can install an Android app to record video. I use Lollipop Screen Recorder and it works great on my Nexus 7 2013. Remember this is limited by your tablet so it's not great video, for that you take the video file from the SD card. But it's great for reviewing things like how high you were, when you got RTH, etc.

THank You Bob. It will record in 720p? is there a program that would allow us to record in a better resolution into the Android device?

You can install an Android app to record video. I use Lollipop Screen Recorder and it works great on my Nexus 7 2013. Remember this is limited by your tablet so it's not great video, for that you take the video file from the SD card. But it's great for reviewing things like how high you were, when you got RTH, etc.

THank You Bob. It will record in 720p? is there a program that would allow us to record in a better resolution into the Android device?
Yes, 720p which is all I think you will get with any device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nienha2207