Received 3rd Solo but wait I didn't order it....

Reaction score
Is it a gift from the Drone Gods? UPS pulled up in the driveway yesterday and walked up to me carrying a familiar box. He said I have one you need to sign for... I thought to myself no way.. as soon as he handed it off I knew what it was and then noticed the packing list had 3DR on it. The packing list has my original order number that has already been replaced.

While I would LOVE to have a second Solo and think that the $1100 put into the Solo would justify for a second one as well as all the time spent testing, reporting and waiting....however I cannot consciously keep it. I believe in Karma and when you believe in it and it comes back around to bite you in the rear it is usually worse than if you didn't give a crap.

What I would like to do is take the additional Solo to a FPV Flying Festival I'm attending August 20-23 and show it off, let interested attendees fly it and test it out some. If 3DR could send me some banners I would be willing to set up an exhibit for them at the event.

So if anyone from 3DR is reading this PM me your @3dr email address so I know you are real and we can discuss further. This would be some great promotion as we are doing some big things in this little town in regards to drone research and education. Attached is the itinerary of the Flying circus.

Now if someone does not contact me then within 24 to 48 hours I'll just call up 3DR and notify them of the mishap and get a return label for this third Solo.

Attachments

• full.png
    full.png
    305.8 KB · Views: 19
Ha - and still waiting for my shipment since my order on June 4th that they've already charged my CC for and they're now giving them away... time to call my CC company and let them know that it was a fraudulent charge...

Ha - and still waiting for my shipment since my order on June 4th that they've already charged my CC for and they're now giving them away... time to call my CC company and let them know that it was a fraudulent charge...

Hate to hear that Steven, have you tried calling them and asking them what the deal was? I've noticed that Best Buy has them in stock now so it looks like they had a big production push these past few weeks in order to get the units out.

I hate to preorder stuff specifically because of what you are experiencing. I was lucky and found one at a Best Buy that was an hour and a half away but my daughter was driving by it so I ordered it online and had her pick it up for me.

I'm going to do the same with the gimbal.

3DR sent me an email acknowledging the mishap and sent me a return label to ship it back. They asked me my shirt size so I might get a shirt.
A Karma shirt :) They sent me props and stickers.

I have had a few problems with my Solo, am still waiting on two "free" batteries, backpack, gimbal, props, etc.... 3DR did however fix my Solo and get it back in less than two weeks.

It looks like 3DR was initially swamped, and is slowly catching up with products. parts. repairs, updates etc. The intent to do right seems to be there, and that means a lot to me.

My experience with the other guys has not left me with the same confidence. You ship it off (at your expense) wait two months. When you get it back, you never really find out what they fixed, except by what you can see, what they charge you for, and the only acknowledgment is that whatever "it" was is your fault...

Now for the gimbal....

Yes, I was initially aggravated.. (<-- does anyone know if or how I can change my username?) but they did do the right thing when it was determined that it was a gps issue and not a user issue. That was THE ONLY reason I put out $1100 for it. If they didn't have the 30 day guarantee I would have not purchased.

They are a relative young company facing some serious growth pains but it looks like they are trying and are getting better. Is everyone's issues resolved? No, but they are trying.

I'm sure they have learned a lot and I can bet that next time there will be a beta roll out to 100 to 500 different people in various locations to squash bugs before a final release.

Investors need to take notice that rushing a product to market before it is ready can be really damaging to a brand.

Yes, I was initially aggravated.. (<-- does anyone know if or how I can change my username?) but they did do the right thing when it was determined that it was a gps issue and not a user issue. That was THE ONLY reason I put out $1100 for it. If they didn't have the 30 day guarantee I would have not purchased.

They are a relative young company facing some serious growth pains but it looks like they are trying and are getting better. Is everyone's issues resolved? No, but they are trying.

I'm sure they have learned a lot and I can bet that next time there will be a beta roll out to 100 to 500 different people in various locations to squash bugs before a final release.

Investors need to take notice that rushing a product to market before it is ready can be really damaging to a brand.

In my opinion there isnt a product to the market... It was all based around the gimbal and camera ability. Any multirotor in the $1000 class comes with that ability... Solo enters that field at about $1800 and without their own camera but riding gopro popularity. No one would have put up that kind of money if it were any other camera...

Agreed.... Beta or Limited release to hardcores would have solved a lot.

In perspective, I had a P3 "fly away" (that I actually got back due to having phone number on it) due to a bad NAZA. It was somewhat crunched due to the crash, and when I sent it in the DJI (China). 2 months later I got a bill for the NAZA (which was not at all crunched) along with the other parts that broke. No explanation. When I asked, I only got "Operator Error". My choice was to pay it, or lose the investment. That is typical DJI.

When I had a Solo tumble due to a "horizontal variance error" I got pushback, but eventually got a knowledgeable tech on the phone and went through it. They agreed something strange had happened, sent me a shipping lable (to CA) and two weeks later I have the bird back with a new brain, new motors, extra props, and no bill...

That is a pretty big difference. If the gimbal works out, my P3 will likely find a home on Ebay

Reactions: aggravated...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44