Range test

I just ordered the Wifi cards the other day. When I receive them, I will install one in the controller only and report how it works out.

I just ordered the Wifi cards the other day. When I receive them, I will install one in the controller only and report how it works out.
Have you done a range test with the stock cards?

I have a completely stock Solo and I want to do several range tests before I install a card in the controller.

With Stock cards in my area, was only able to get about 1500 ft, at most.
I don't live out in the middle of nowhere.

Attachments

• Arial.jpg
    Arial.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I received the WiFi cards today. Will install them over the weekend.
I emailed MOPIR Hardware tech support about installing the one in the Solo.
This is the response I received.

"I have installed at least 60 - 70 sets into the 3DR Solos we sell and no reports of brownouts."

With Stock cards in my area, was only able to get about 1500 ft, at most.
I don't live out in the middle of nowhere.
Some people recommend putting your cell phone in airplane mode when flying Solo to help with any interference.
Might help if you live in a wifi congested area

Just did my little range test.
Under current conditions, Stock Solo got about 1100 feet before losing wifi signal.
With upgraded wifi in transmitter got about the same.
With upgraded wifi in both transmitter and Solo got about 2300 feet.
Would have tried it with the Alfa paddle antenna but it's a bit too cold outside.
Also, because of the test location, there is a small amount of tree "congestion".

Attachments

• Wifi.jpg
    Wifi.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Yes, the Alfas are what allow me to get out to 1500-1600 ft.
Gonna have to find someplace around here with less Wifi congestion and see what kind of ranges I can get.

Yes, the Alfas are what allow me to get out to 1500-1600 ft.
Gonna have to find someplace around here with less Wifi congestion and see what kind of ranges I can get.
Yea the range you're getting WITH the card upgrade is what I was getting on stock cards and antennas. You're definitely in a highly congested area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig