Question About Calibrations

Reaction score
I live here in Ohio and there is a good chance that I will be going to Florida in February. My question is, once I get there, would I need to run the Solo through its calibrations on site to ensure that everything is in good shape. I would think that it is wise, but is it necessary? Thanks!

I live here in Ohio and there is a good chance that I will be going to Florida in February. My question is, once I get there, would I need to run the Solo through its calibrations on site to ensure that everything is in good shape. I would think that it is wise, but is it necessary? Thanks!
The solo app should alert you when you need to calibrate compass from my experience.

Not 100% sure though

Reactions: Bret
I don't think you'd need to calibrate the level again though, as it won't be affected no matter where you travel to.

In my opinion, it doesn't hurt to calibrate it. I do it every so often when the Solo starts behaving a bit erratic and it seems to stabilize it. Besides, it doesn't take long, and it will definitely give you son peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I fly in the same town or just outside of town I don't do a compass calibration. If I fly out of town I always do a calibration. It may not be necessary, but I feel more confident doing it. Another way to tell if it needs calibration, I have found, is if you hit pause or just let Solo hover, and it wanders a bit with no wind to cause it. Even if the controller doesn't call for one, I land and calibrate the compass, and it always took care of the wander. It may be overkill, but it makes me feel better....:D

If I fly in the same town or just outside of town I don't do a compass calibration. If I fly out of town I always do a calibration. It may not be necessary, but I feel more confident doing it. Another way to tell if it needs calibration, I have found, is if you hit pause or just let Solo hover, and it wanders a bit with no wind to cause it. Even if the controller doesn't call for one, I land and calibrate the compass, and it always took care of the wander. It may be overkill, but it makes me feel better....:D

Thanks, Chuck! I was kind of thinking the same thing. It just seems prudent to do a compass calibration if I going to a 1000 miles away. Anyways, I will keep this in mind and see how it reacts when I get there. I am curious more than anything,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks