Problem switching flight modes using Tower auto flight

Reaction score
Hello

Now that its winter here, I am only going out once a week with the solo. But I have been having a problem lately. Specifically since the firmware update that allowed more go pro controls.

Basically I have been flying a tower loop once a week. Before, I would put it in auto. My last way point is a time hold of 30's after it has descended to 30 ft alt. Before I would simply press the fly button to leave auto, and land it in fly mode.

Now for the last 3 or 4 flights, it gets to its last way point, I press fly, and all i get is press and hold fly to land from the solo controller. I don't like this at all. Maybe I'm crazy but can anyone tell me how to get back to fly mode when in tower auto mode? I must be missing something simple. So far its been fine, empty parking lot, early morning. But there is snow on the ground now, I don't want the solo landing where it thinks it wants to.

Thanks

Hello

Now that its winter here, I am only going out once a week with the solo. But I have been having a problem lately. Specifically since the firmware update that allowed more go pro controls.

Basically I have been flying a tower loop once a week. Before, I would put it in auto. My last way point is a time hold of 30's after it has descended to 30 ft alt. Before I would simply press the fly button to leave auto, and land it in fly mode.

Now for the last 3 or 4 flights, it gets to its last way point, I press fly, and all i get is press and hold fly to land from the solo controller. I don't like this at all. Maybe I'm crazy but can anyone tell me how to get back to fly mode when in tower auto mode? I must be missing something simple. So far its been fine, empty parking lot, early morning. But there is snow on the ground now, I don't want the solo landing where it thinks it wants to.

Thanks
Couple of options; First, just select 'Loiter' in Tower and that is the same as 'Fly' mode on the Solo. You could also assign Fly or Manual to A or B buttons, once in Manula you can hit Fly if you want.. And you could also append your mission to RTH and let it land its self.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig