Part 107 (Passed) Info...who wrote those questions, lol???

Reaction score
Hey, just a note to future testers. I passed my Part 107 this afternoon. I made a decent grade for not having studied all that hard (82). I wanted to share some information with those of you who are going to be testing in the near future:

1) This video has about 90% of what you need to know clearly explained. Tony does a GREAT job!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2) This test bears a close resemblance to the test I just took today:

https://3dr.com/faa/drone-practice-tests/

3) Although the test IS easy, I recommend really learning:

- charts (especially elevation, and types of air space (controlled/uncontrolled) (I had 23 questions on these)
- METAR and TAF (I had 8 questions on these)

4) Apparently whoever wrote the questions was on some sort of hallucinogen (just kidding...sort of, lol). Four of the questions had never been covered even in the FAA study materials. I'm not sure why they were in there. If you are counting on a pass/fail quotient, remember to factor those questions in. One was easy, the other three were just plain lunacy, lol!

5) If you cannot see small print, take some reading glasses with you. They give you a booklet to reference that contains charts, METER, TAF, and other references. It's NOT large print, lol!

NOTE: Also, even though I COULD read them, I did take reading glasses, and I actually found that they helped me concentrate on smaller portions of the charts. This let me take in more detail (per area of the chart). Just a thought.

Just some current info for anyone who is currently studying! Fly on, y'all!

Kevin

Reactions: Maxheadspace
First: Congratulations on passing. Welcome to the family;)

Second: The study materials aren't there to spoon feed you. They are a starting point. They include references to other parts of 14CFR that it would behoove a commercial UAS pilot to know. That is where you would find the answer for the hallucinogenic questions. The FAA is expecting you to know the law, to be informed and situationally aware, and to make smart, safe decisions based on all of that.

Just studying 'to the test' won't get one there. (Not that you did. For others who might be reading along)

Reactions: Maxheadspace
just_bruce,

Too true! I passed, but could've studied harder. Since it was pass/fail, I studied to the extent that I felt competent to pass. I also could've taken a little more time with the test (I took 38 minutes of the allotted 2 hrs). If you are "studying to the test", as J_B noted, you may or may not pass it. I actually studied a variety of materials for 4 days. I, also, recommend the advice of J_B! Thankfully I have 24 months to learn more, lol.

Keep Calm, and Fly On!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela