Paddles

Dual purpose-
conductivity & personal protection. Hope he uses gloves before he wraps the second antenna- or gets the large box of band-aids.

Yep i do belive so . So no one is going to tell me about the copper?? ??
Look people its not about the props. Ok .....are you all obsessed with props or what
oh...yeah, the copper on the antennas. I have no idea what that is for.

Hey Allen_993;
Would you get on an aircraft with props that look like that? It’s crazy to risk damaging /destroying your Solo over some $18/set props. Buy a few sets and receive free shipping.
I don't use the same standard for an aircraft as I do for my drone. I sure as hell wouldn't get on an airplane that had software that was updated by me, or props that were installed by me, etc. But if my drone sounds a little funny and hovers fine with scrapped up props...I'm fine to fly it around the yard until my new ones arrive.

Wrapping an antenna with metal tape might even be worse than flying with those props.

You are right!
Not gaining anything by wrapping the antenna in copper foil tape EXCEPT, detuning the transmitter and it's possible that the added inductance could
upset the SWR (Standing-Wave-Ratio) on the transmitter which could burn out the final stage in the transmitter. If the antenna does not absorb the
RF it will reflect it back to the transmitter finals. The antenna radiates RF and if it gets unbalanced the reflected energy is reflected back to the
transmitter and it's good way to ruin the transmitter. Same as running the controller with no antennas!

Thank you EZL finally someone with a good answer to the question. Its appreciated. I dont use them they sit in the big pouch in my backpack. I actually forgot they were there....wanted to knoq vefor i threw them away.....

Thank you EZL finally someone with a good answer to the question. Its appreciated. I dont use them they sit in the big pouch in my backpack. I actually forgot they were there....wanted to knoq vefor i threw them away.....

I don't know what kind of paddle antennas those are, but if they are 2.4Ghz they should work fine. They are directional antennas though, so you need to keep them directed towards your Solo to keep your connection.

Just remove the foil and give them a try.

Check out this post for more info and how to position paddle antennas: Basic Guide to Solo Antennas (Stock, Alfa, FPVLR)

Based on the title of the thread, I came here expecting a flame war.

Don't throw them away. I got a pair off of Amazon for about $20.00 and they work pretty good just remember the are directional and
check on YouTube videos to see how to use them and their orientation.

Don't throw them away. I got a pair off of Amazon for about $20.00 and they work pretty good just remember the are directional and
check on YouTube videos to see how to use them and their orientation.

You have the alfa 2.4/5ghz combos? What has you're experience been with them compared to the "standard" alfas?

You have the alfa 2.4/5ghz combos? What has you're experience been with them compared to the "standard" alfas?
There are now two different kinds available I have the cheap 2-pack $20.00 2.4 ghz Alphas. There is a new single 2.4/5 ghz antenna out and I haven't
tried two of these since the weather is miserable in my area at the present. The one pair of antennas for range would be the "FPVLR antenna." and
that would be the choice for non-amplified antennas. Amazon has the new listings on the Alpha antennas, links below:

https://www.amazon.com/APA-M25-dire...6&sr=8-26-spons&keywords=alpha+antennas&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Alfa-2-4HGz-...2&sr=8-50-spons&keywords=alpha+antennas&psc=1

Big selection of all kinds:
https://www.readymaderc.com/collections/fpv-video-components/antennas-and-adapters/antennas
Fpv Video Components/Antennas And Adapters/Antennas - www.readymaderc.com

Thanks, I found the alfas to be superior in a wider variety of uses then the fpvlr unit which is overpriced based on it's performance compared to the $20 alfa in the real world.

I was curious if you had direct experience with the 2.4/5 ghz antenna because I have seen other reports that their range is actually worse then the "standard" 2.4ghz alfas.

There are now two different kinds available I have the cheap 2-pack $20.00 2.4 ghz Alphas. There is a new single 2.4/5 ghz antenna out and I haven't
tried two of these since the weather is miserable in my area at the present. The one pair of antennas for range would be the "FPVLR antenna." and
that would be the choice for non-amplified antennas. Amazon has the new listings on the Alpha antennas, links below:

https://www.amazon.com/APA-M25-dire...6&sr=8-26-spons&keywords=alpha+antennas&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Alfa-2-4HGz-...2&sr=8-50-spons&keywords=alpha+antennas&psc=1

Big selection of all kinds:
Fpv Video Components/Antennas And Adapters/Antennas - www.readymaderc.com

Thanks, I found the alfas to be superior in a wider variety of uses then the fpvlr unit which is overpriced based on it's performance compared to the $20 alfa in the real world.

I was curious if you had direct experience with the 2.4/5 ghz antenna because I have seen other reports that their range is actually worse then the "standard" 2.4ghz alfas.

I have not tried the dual band antennas and I suspect they could be a compromise in performance compared to the mono-band $20 set?
The (helical) FPVLR antennas are good performer and highly directional. I have a 5.8 ghz helical which was used on a diversity dual
receive LCD monitor and used a cloverleaf on one input and a helical antenna on the other input and the receiver would switch between
the two antennas for the strongest FPV signal.

Did you ever get an answer to your question?? I would like to know what that answer was :)
No, I think the combo ones are too new? If I was to buy another antenna I would go with the FPVLR antennas which have more
gain but highly directional. Some of the testing on YouTube with the Alpha antennas showed a difference in range compared to
the stock antennas. I came across one test where the fella found found out his Alpha antenna(s) were damaged? All it takes is
one to get damaged or a bad QC. The variables, a fella doesn't know whether the stock antennas were positioned right and if
the Alpha antennas directly positioned? There are too many variables associated with these tests! WiFi interference during
the tests can also be a Big Factor so it's wise to do your own testing with comparisons.

I don't know what kind of paddle antennas those are, but if they are 2.4Ghz they should work fine. They are directional antennas though, so you need to keep them directed towards your Solo to keep your connection.

Just remove the foil and give them a try.

Check out this post for more info and how to position paddle antennas: Basic Guide to Solo Antennas (Stock, Alfa, FPVLR)
Thank u

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo