Open Solo 4 Cell Differential Warning

Reaction score
I upgraded a stock cube solo to Open Solo 4 from the factory firmware today and did some test flying. One of my batteries caused a cell differential warning, which I think is a feature of Open Solo. It gave readings of 254 mV then 274mV in the first couple minutes of flight, and I landed it.

What should I glean from these numbers? Is this battery shot? The fact that it was going up is probably not good...

Hi, I’m having this same issue, except it’s doing it with all 3 of my batteries. So you are telling me the batteries were fine prior to upgrading to Open Solo 4, but as soon as I did they all just coincidentally became “on their way out” ? That’s not possible. Does anyone know what else might be going on? Not trying to do battery mods at the moment, I honestly just want to fly it. I’ve watched the cells in Solex as I was running the motors and the cells remained super strong on their way down. Although as soon as I hit “fly” I get the warning: battery cell differential
Thanks

Hi, I’m having this same issue, except it’s doing it with all 3 of my batteries. So you are telling me the batteries were fine prior to upgrading to Open Solo 4, but as soon as I did they all just coincidentally became “on their way out” ? That’s not possible. Does anyone know what else might be going on? Not trying to do battery mods at the moment, I honestly just want to fly it. I’ve watched the cells in Solex as I was running the motors and the cells remained super strong on their way down. Although as soon as I hit “fly” I get the warning: battery cell differential
Thanks
It's not a coincidence. The check for that condition never existed before.

So you are saying that 2 weeks ago I was flying with full battery power and starting with the first flight in open solo4, they can barely make it 4 minutes without triggering RTH? That makes no sense to me unless a program is forcing it to do something different or showing a false reading. it was able to fly fine previously which I would think would clearly demonstrate there was plenty of battery power

Reactions: jonbrotherton
So you are saying that 2 weeks ago I was flying with full battery power and starting with the first flight in open solo4, they can barely make it 4 minutes without triggering RTH? That makes no sense to me unless a program is forcing it to do something different or showing a false reading. it was able to fly fine previously which I would think would clearly demonstrate there was plenty of battery power
What is the actual capacity of the battery? Look at the BATT_CAPACITY parameter of you don't have a battery tool.

If it is less than 5200 your battery is showing signs of deterioration. The lower the number the worse off it is. The batteries are old and Open Solo 4 has safety features enabled to help the situation.

Also, using the motor spin feature of Solex doesn't really put much load on the battery. Flying would show a weak cell before that.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJMc
I did a factory reset and battery calibration, that solved the issue for 2 of the batteries, the third is still giving me the warning. So, I guess it wasn’t just that all 3 were suddenly duds. I have ordered a battery tool so yes, that will be helpful. Even though I don’t want to throw more money at the solo, I probably will get a battery mod because even though the solo is a total pain in the ass, for some reason I still like it. For the most part I have moved on to Mavics, which are way less of a headache to deal with but the restrictions of DJI and the power they hold over everything, I can’t ever be 100% a believer in their products.. more like a hostage. I wasn’t trying to say you don’t know what you are talking about but just the idea of 3 batteries working fine the week before and then after upgrading, they barely fly just didn’t make sense. Sure, they may be losing life but that shouldn’t render them all instantly useless. If I had a Nissan Leaf and it was driving fine with battery power, then after going into the dealership to get a software update it could only drive 200 ft before dying.. would you think “wow, my battery is bad” or would you be thinking maybe something is up with the update Nissan just installed? I don’t know many people who would assume it was just a unfortunate coincidence.

I did a factory reset and battery calibration, that solved the issue for 2 of the batteries, the third is still giving me the warning. So, I guess it wasn’t just that all 3 were suddenly duds. I have ordered a battery tool so yes, that will be helpful. Even though I don’t want to throw more money at the solo, I probably will get a battery mod because even though the solo is a total pain in the ass, for some reason I still like it. For the most part I have moved on to Mavics, which are way less of a headache to deal with but the restrictions of DJI and the power they hold over everything, I can’t ever be 100% a believer in their products.. more like a hostage. I wasn’t trying to say you don’t know what you are talking about but just the idea of 3 batteries working fine the week before and then after upgrading, they barely fly just didn’t make sense. Sure, they may be losing life but that shouldn’t render them all instantly useless. If I had a Nissan Leaf and it was driving fine with battery power, then after going into the dealership to get a software update it could only drive 200 ft before dying.. would you think “wow, my battery is bad” or would you be thinking maybe something is up with the update Nissan just installed? I don’t know many people who would assume it was just a unfortunate coincidence.
HiDead Fun!!
How's going on your batteries,so far??
I have a same problem ,and try to figure out of the parameters problem,maybe?!So please let us know if you solved this situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc