Noob to the world of drones

Reaction score
I just got my first drone, 3dr solo. Got it as a hobby to get be outside more and wanting to get my daughter in on the fun. Downloaded all the 3dr apps to learn that my phone is a newer version and can't function with the app. Can solex we used as a stand alone app? Is it easy to set up with the solo and a gopro 4? Using Android. Thanks for any advice on the subjects.

I just got my first drone, 3dr solo. Got it as a hobby to get be outside more and wanting to get my daughter in on the fun. Downloaded all the 3dr apps to learn that my phone is a newer version and can't function with the app. Can solex we used as a stand alone app? Is it easy to set up with the solo and a gopro 4? Using Android. Thanks for any advice on the subjects.
Welcome. As you'll find many of us here still love the Solo.

Yes, Solex is the preferred app these days, when on Android. Solex Setup is about as easy as it comes these days

Hey guys, New to this. Should I still upload the 3DR solo app to my Note 3 phone and the Solex app? What about the 3DR services app? Thanks.

Hey guys, New to this. Should I still upload the 3DR solo app to my Note 3 phone and the Solex app? What about the 3DR services app? Thanks.
Solex/3DR: That really depends on your intentions and whether you've already purchased Solex.

3DR Services is a no. Not needed.

Right now the main function is to view/record the video from the drone. So you're saying to skip the 3DR services and Solex at this time? Am I correct that the 3DR services and Solex are for writing code for flight in addition to the orbit, follow, etc functions? Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo