No Video

Reaction score
Hello y'all,

I've had my solo for a few weeks now and video has been tricky from the start. It was really hit and miss until I reset my GoPro and then started doing the start up in this order solo, controller, app, camera. Then I was having no problems. Now suddenly no video and nothing seems to work. Cable is snug (even tried outside of housing), WiFi on GoPro is off, Video is set to 1080 Med, camera and solo are both up to date. I'm out of ideas and when I went to the No Video section of the 3DR Support page it was blank. Any ideas. I'm using either in iPhone 6 or an iPad mini - neither are working. Thanks!

Reactions: Projeffrey11
I had intermittent problems with the GoPro video feed and the Solo app. What I found is if I wasn't getting video I could turn on record (red button on the bottom of the camera) on the GoPro, let it run for a few seconds and then turn it off. And oddly I then start getting a video feed on the Solo app. But the sequence in which I turn all devices on does make a difference. My sequence is a little different than yours - controller, connect iPhone to sololink wifi, Solo, GoPro, Solo app. I always wait a bit between each power-on sequence to make sure its fully booted up.

Thanks so much! Will try that sequence. I have tried the record button thing and it hasn't helped. I've been just shooting blind video and then looking at it after I get back. Not nearly as much fun.

May be the cable?

Try this, take cam out of Solo holder, then plugin the mHDMI in to the GP, Then turn on GP, then start app "Solo" Then connect wifi. Video should work immediately.

That worked for me. It confirmed to me, that the mHDMI wasn't going all the way in. "Holder stopping Plug going all the way in" You'll hear/feel it "snap" when inserted correctly.

Hope this helps.

Okay, TXDrone's new sequence seemed to do the trick. I followed that order exactly and I have picture now. Weird but good to know. Thanks so much!!!

Reactions: TXDrone
that is weird....I usually turn on the camera first, Solo, controller, app. The only time I had a problem was after I installed this app that I later uninstalled to get video working again, other than that, it has always worked.

Where can you purchase the HDMI cable? I didn't see it on the 3DR store site.

Hello y'all,

I've had my solo for a few weeks now and video has been tricky from the start. It was really hit and miss until I reset my GoPro and then started doing the start up in this order solo, controller, app, camera. Then I was having no problems. Now suddenly no video and nothing seems to work. Cable is snug (even tried outside of housing), WiFi on GoPro is off, Video is set to 1080 Med, camera and solo are both up to date. I'm out of ideas and when I went to the No Video section of the 3DR Support page it was blank. Any ideas. I'm using either in iPhone 6 or an iPad mini - neither are working. Thanks!
I'm having the same exact issues except for my video feed hasn't completely gone out yet, and that's what 3DR told me to do, boot the Solo first, then then controller etc.. Didn't really work at all I'm getting a RMA. This all happened after the latest firmware.

Where can you purchase the HDMI cable? I didn't see it on the 3DR store site.
3dr sent me a pack of cable free, but they cost 17.50 if you were to pay for them. You get: data cables for pods x4, GPS x1 gimbal data x1 & a HDMI cable x1.
Call 3DR tomorrow, ask for harness pack that includes HDMI cable.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ever since I got my gimbal it makes no difference what order I turn things on- GoPro works fine every time! About time..:)

3dr sent me a pack of cable free, but they cost 17.50 if you were to pay for them. You get: data cables for pods x4, GPS x1 gimbal data x1 & a HDMI cable x1.
Call 3DR tomorrow, ask for harness pack that includes HDMI cable.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks