No video feed after crash

Reaction score
Had a minor mishap yesterday and now I can't get my live video feed to work any more. The GoPro is working fine and I can control everything via the Solo app or Solex, just flying blind.

It looks as though all the cables are connected on the gimbal. Any troubleshooting steps people can recommend short of just replacing the entire gimbal?

Do you think replacing the gimbal would work? Or could it be something on the Solo itself (antenna)?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Greg

Unlikely to be antenna, since the same WiFi antennas are used for control and telemetry as well, and you're getting those. I'd think it was the HDMI connector either on the gimbal or on the IMX6 has come off the board or the internal cable has popped loose.

But, just my .02

Unlikely to be antenna, since the same WiFi antennas are used for control and telemetry as well, and you're getting those. I'd think it was the HDMI connector either on the gimbal or on the IMX6 has come off the board or the internal cable has popped loose.

But, just my .02

Thanks, Bruce. Any links on how to troubleshoot/fix that? Didn't see anything on YouTube and that's about the limits of my expertise... ;)

Search the forums for HDMI cable replacement or fixes. Should show you what you need to know.

This happened to me and with a new hdmi cable and I had to replace the hdmi input on my gopro. Try another gopro then another cable!

Update for anyone who's interested... Took the gimbal off to look around and the HDMI cable had been ripped from the motherboard, which was surprising because that appeared to be he only damage from the crash. Even the prop blades weren't damaged. Paid the $150 idiot tax for a new gimbal and now everything once again works like a champ!

Relish! Relish Ribbon Cable. You Tube search it!

were did you get the ribbon cable?

I ended up just replacing the entire gimbal. If I knew how to solder, I guess I could have reattached the HDMI connector to the circuit board, but that would have been like teaching a pig how to blow bubbles... not gonna happen...

So I have a similar problem, although it sounds like my crash may have been more extravagant. Everything works except the video feed. It flashes green and then will only stay a black screen. All controls to the GoPro work just fine. Everything else works, just no visual. I connected the HDMI straight to the camera, bypassing the gimbal. It works perfectly. Ok--So it's not the cable, right? The HDMI port is still solid on the motherboard, not loose at all. All other connections are solid. What could the issue be?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl